Just Like Any Other Day

Jack walks into his classroom ten minutes late and out of breath.

I sit down at my desk as other kids start to snicker at how I was quite noticeably late. I give them a glare and they all back off. I smile to myself, feeling oddly triumphant, until I see my teacher, Mr. Fischbach glaring at me intensely.
If I'm being honest he is quite handsome and the other students in my school seemed to think so, according to their prying eyes and drool. He was a shorter but muscular man of Korean descent, which was apparent in his smooth but sharp facial features and thick straight black hair. But I didn't like him so much. Not because I'm jealous of his good looks or popularity with the student body, but because he is extremely biased and petty towards me as an individual. He constantly glares at me, gives me absolutely zero slack on absences or tardiness, and calls me out on the dumbest things in front of the whole class!

I'm suddenly yanked out of my frustrated thoughts about my teacher as Mr. Fischbach calls on me.
"Jack, do you just expect me to let it slide that you were over ten minutes late to class today?" He said sternly, causing me to blush from humiliation and everyone else In class to stir. I rolled my eyes and responded smugly,

"I'm sorry Mr.Fischbach, but I guess I must have slept in. You see, I was up all night working on your assignment from yesterday and I didn't get much sleep." Suddenly I regret what I let slip out as he starts to tensely trudge towards my desk. He places both hands on the edge of my desk, breathing heavily he growls,
"Meet me after class and I assure you, you won't make that mistake again, Mr. Mcloughlin." I sat there with my eyes wide, and slid low into my chair, waiting for class to end.