Realization

K thanks to CookedPotato99  for the votes and comments! Btw I like your username!😅

Am I ok? I ask myself in my head over and over as mark patiently awaits my response.
"Woah, hey Jack are you ok?" Mark looks at me concerned. I'm confused at why he's asking me but then I feel tears streaming down my face. I burst into tears and sob into my hands. I feel mark rubbing my back trying to console me. I look up at him and see sincere concern for me. I practically tackle him into a hug and bury my face in the crook of his neck. "What's this for?" He asks as he pats my back.
"Just thank you Mr.Fischbach for being the only one who cares." I try to say muffled by his shirt. He pushes me back and hold my face in both of his hands to look directly in my eyes.
"Jack, you are precious to me. Do you understand how much I care about you? I just...I don't know how to protect you." He starts tearing up and I wipe his cheek.
"You don't have to protect me Mark. I'm fine I swear." I say lying through my teeth. I just don't want him to know about what's happening at home.
"If you say so Jack, but if you ever need anything you know where to find me. I nod in response and he escorts me to my next class. Damnit I missed lunch again!

The rest of my school day went pretty smoothly . When it was time to walk home I waited outside for Mark so we could go home together. When he exited the school he had a worried look on his face.
" what's wrong Mark?" I ask wondering why he has that look on his face.
"U-um I just got some really devastating news. You know what? I'll just drive you home we've both had a long day and I think we could use a long nap." He said holding his keys in his hand. Thank god he offered that, I really don't feel up to it right now. I nod and we start towards his car. We get in and drive to my house, he stops in the front. I unbuckle my seatbelt and start to open the car door.
"Wait." He said grabbing my wrist keeping me from leaving. I give him a questioning look and sit back down in the car seat facing him.
"Listen, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you today. Just take it easy tonight okay?" He says looking down at his lap.
"Yeah, of course. You too." I turn away to leave but he grabs my shoulder. He whips me around and gives me a slow, tender, intimate kiss that is hard to describe. We fall out of the kiss and I blush bright red. I kind of stumble out of the car and run to the door.
I start making some Mac and cheese for dinner. While stirring the pot I hear a car door slam shut. I look up and start to panic. I hear my brother open the front door
"Jack? Are you home?" I hear him take off his shoes and head towards the kitchen. I turn off the stove and hide in the walk-in pantry. I can barley see him through the slats in the door. He walks towards the stove and looks at the pot.
"Jack?! Where are you?! I know you're in here! Come out here and face me!" He yells trying to lure me out. I'm shaking in the pantry watching him walk about the house looking for me. Suddenly his shadow crosses the pantry door and I back up. My back hits one of the shelves and causes a can of tomato soup to fall on the hardwood floor. I look down at the can and when I look up he's lookin right at me.
FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z!!!

Another big huge thanks to CookedPotato99 for all of their support!!!❤️❤️❤️