No escape...

Ashley stood off the side of the ballroom as she observed every thing around her. The lights that gave the room a golden glow, the expensive wine and champagne that kept flowing, the soft laughter of the rich and wealthy in New York , the ridiculously expensive gowns the women wore...don't even get her started on the jewellery! This was obviously not her world and the better she understood that, the easier it would be to live in it, since she was a PA to the richest man in the room- who kept on looking around for her- he wasn't going to find her for now though...she was tired of smiling and laughing at lame stock exchange jokes! So she'd decided to take a step into the background.

Chase of course had been worse than before with his advances on her ever since she'd grabbed him and kissed him! He'd taken it that they were now in agreement or something, no matter how many times she'd told him it wasn't happening!

Her dress wasn't helping things either because people were still staring at her! Was this the consequence of wearing a red mermaid bottom dress that hugged her body like a glove?! Or maybe it was the bare back that reached her bottom that was causing some men to forget what they'd been about to say?! No- it must be the bold red lip she'd decided on to go with her dirty blonde hair which was held in a bun on top of her head...Ahhh, the wedges of making an effort to look nice!

'' Thought I'd never find you?...Do you really think that in that dress someone can miss you?! You stand out Ashley and you can't run away from that. You look so beautiful tonight no body will ever forget you...most especially me...''

Oh no...not again! Of course he was going to find her! He'd barely let her out of his sight the whole night...introducing her to all his business associates! Who'd looked at her like meat on a stick! Arrghh!

''I wasn't hiding, OK?! I just needed a break from the scene- you realise everyone hear is fake, right?! Yeah, and I could never stand fakeness. How's your night been so far boss?" she asked as she sipped her wine while looking at Chase, who just kept on staring at her...was there a problem?..

''Not bad...until you left...do you want to dance?" and he wasn't letting it go! The man was like a-

''Babyyyyyy! Oh my God! I've been looking for you everywhere! I've missed you so much! Who's your date today since it's not me?!" the ever persistent and relentless Casey Jenkins asked as she wrapped her arms around Chase's neck and soundly kissed him on the mouth. Let's find out what the ever prepared Chase Hunter says...Ashley thought with a smirk waiting for Chase to fumble around for an answer!

''Ashley is my date. And had you remembered your manners, you'd have greeted her because she's right here beside me." Chase said so politely you could think he was not shattering the other woman's world with his answer!

''Her?!...But she's a servant in your office, Babyyyyyy! Aren't you ashamed people could think the wrong thing by seeing you with her?!" Casey's claws were out and jealousy didn't look good on her, Ashley thought with a small smile, the servant comment didn't even bother her!

''Casey, I'll have you respect my employees and my decisions. This is no place for you to start with your jealousy fits. Please let us enjoy our evening, OK?!" Chase said with a bored look on his face not even glancing at Casey's bosom that was barely restrained by her dress- why did she bother putting clothes on anyway if she'd been going for the dressed- but- naked look?!

''So it's her now?! She's the bitch that replaced me huh?! Ever since you met her you've not wanted to have anything to do with me! Is she the reason why you left me?! Tell me?!" The pitch of Casey's voice was attracting a few looks in their direction. Ashley didn't let Chase take this one though- she'd had enough of Casey- seriously!

''Casey...Casey...did you seriously just use the word 'bitch'?, to describe someone?! Do you even know what it means?- Because I'm sure if you knew yourself at all, you wouldn't use it at all... Trust me. Now, about Chase leaving you for me, does that sound accurate to you, because as far as am concerned, you broke it off..." as she said this she put fingers up as if to count, something that pissed Casey off even more because history had it that Casey's Maths hadn't been so good...to the point of counting! ,'' mhh, yeah, three months ago. But you're still sticking around, huh?! Get serious girl, he's not into you anymore! In fact, get over it- move on! God!" Ashley finished with a role of her beautiful but cynical green eyes that Chase could swear had a bit of anger in contrast to her voice which was just bored...