Trouble in paradise!

It was the week for the finalization of the contract between Hunter Inc. and Mr. Jasper. Chase wanted this collaboration with Jasper because...well, he was a collector and a collection that included Jasper's company would be a profitable one. Plus the man had some good connections in South America which Chase needed...not that anyone had more connections than he did! He thought with a smug smile as he reviewed a few documents that needed his signature.
Ring Ring!
''Sir," his secretary said, " It's Mr Jasper..."

''Put him through." Chase said as he picked up the phone.

''Chase Hunter!" the older man barked in anger. Now why was that?!

"Mr. Jasper... what could be the matter?... We are just about to finalize everything..." Chase said patiently.

''Since I haven't yet signed, I would like to inform you that the deal is off! I can't believe you attempted to cheat me!" Mr Jasper barked into the receiver.

Chase Hunter though was not someone you barked at of course!

''I strongly advise you to watch your tone Mr Jasper! If you have something to say, say it! I can't deal with people yelling at me! What the hell are you talking about exactly?!" he asked in irritation- people were never ready to let their creations go, damn it! What a waste of time!

''We agreed on certain sums yet you fax me the drawn up contract with different sums- hiked up sums!" Jasper said, this time a bit more calm..

''What the hell are you talking about, of course I didn't change the sums! Am sure my PA sent you the exact documents with the right sums we had agreed upon!" Chase stressed, slowly getting angry...

''Well, the documents I have say something else! If it wasn't you then who could it have been?! Because this situation, whatever it is, could cause you a lot of damage...do you trust this PA of yours anyway?...Is he or she competent enough to handle your work?!" Jasper asked.

That's when the doubts and the questions started....

''Let me check it out." and he cut the line not waiting for the other man to say anything.

Just when he had picked up the phone to call Ashely, a package came in...

Chase opened it and found various contents in the envelope...another note, though longer...pictures...of Ashley and some other man...Ryan! They were laughing,kissing,looking into each other's eye's... she looked happy! Yet she had told him she and Ryan were over a long time ago! In another picture, Ashely was giving Ryan an envelope...she looked nervous...

Wow! It had finally happened! A woman had made a fool out of him! And he had fallen for it completely! What he didn't understand is what she had to gain from all this?!

She had lied to him...everything about what they had had, had been a lie! Of course she must have had a plan when she came to work for him! And stupid fool that he was, he'd fallen, hook,sink and liner! Why hadn't he ever figured this out?! Ohhh, wait- he couldn't have, she was too good at this, he wouldn't have ever suspected her! Damn it! How could he have been so stupid?! All those statements about hating Ryan and how she would never forgive him- yet they had been in cahoots all along! What a good actress! But then she would have to pay- no body messed with him and they left unscathed!

Chase picked up the phone and asked her to come to his office- in a calm and polite way...

Ashley on receiving Chase's phone call, ignored the tone of his voice and rushed to his office. She hated to admit it but, she had missed him terribly! They had hardly had time together this week due to Chase being terribly busy!