27

We were back at the tower and Tony left again. He had guards walk us upstairs so we didn't try anything. Apparently he wasn't concerned enough about us, he was gonna kill her first. Natalia tried calling her a few more times but she didn't pick up. This was going to go down before she could prepare herself. I've seen her attitude and fierceness, she was going to let him have it. I'm not sure who was going to come out on top this time, it was a fair battle.

About two hours later Tony came back to the tower with teary eyes and messed up hair. His shirt was wrinkled and his face was puffy. Something happened to him, I got the idea that Athena won. Actually, I think she demolished him, and his character. This wasn't the Tony I was used to. She really cut into him bad this time, and she did his surgery!

"Tony?"

"Nope," he walked to the elevator and just went upstairs.

Natalia looked at me with wide eyes, she was seeing this too right? It wasn't just me, it couldn't be. It was weird, seeing Tony in this state. He's usually bubbly and sarcastic, not misty-eyed and snappy. She really did a number on the poor guy. He probably said something he shouldn't have though. I mean, they're siblings, they fight all the time.

We called Pepper and she came up to the Avengers floor and met with us. She didn't even know Tony left the tower, let alone come back in a rough state. She loved him, and he her, he'd talk to her if nobody else. She went to his floor and came back about half an hour later. I was honestly worried about the guy. How could she hurt his ego so badly?

"So?" Natalia asked.

"Athena had him thrown out of the building."

"Like by security?" I questioned, she couldn't be serious.

"Yeah, picked up and brought out. Had 5 guys come in."

"Oh my god, did he call her?"

"She banned him from the building and had security increased, she also wouldn't pick up."

"Oh Athena..."

"He wasn't very good to her either. He ripped into her about how dumb she was and how she shouldn't trust you, Nik."

"She stood up for me?"

"Of course she did. Tony didn't seem to like that so she threw him out."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"I knew she could be a hardass, but this is too much. She should have just let him complain about me. Unlike her, I really don't care."

"You know she's not like that."

"Yeah, I do. I'm gonna call her."

"Okay, Tony's in his lab. He said he doesn't want visitors, but I think you could go if you wanted."

"Thank you Pepper," I ran into the elevator.

I got down to his floor but I forgot which room was his lab, so I checked all of them. I finally opened a door that had machines whirring away and Jarvis talking to a mess of a person. I slowly opened up the door the rest of the way and walked in a few steps at a time. I didn't want to startle him. This was kinda my fault, I had to do this. I'm not one for apologies, but this one better be good.

"Tony?" He turned around.

"Shouldn't be down here kid."

"Pepper told me I could come see you."

"Course she did. What do you want?"

"To say I'm sorry. I know that this was my fault. I think Athena was wrong for throwing you out and I know it was because she was just sticking up for me. I shouldn't be more important than family. I'm going to call her and see what I can do."

"Thanks kid, but that won't do anything. She's mad."

"That's okay."

"It's not. You obviously know that."

"Listen, she wasn't doing anything wrong Tony. She didn't do anything illegal and I made sure of it."

"You put her at risk. You did what I told her not to do."

"How was I supposed to know that?"

"You knew.''

''I did."

"And you still did it."

"I did."

"Can I trust you?"

"Depends."

"Good to know."

"Tony I'm going to be straight with you. There's a lot you don't know about me. There's a lot you won't know about me. There's a lot you shouldn't know about me. I'm a secretive person. I don't want people knowing about me. I'll die if they do. You're no different. I don't care how much you claim to trust me, I know you don't and that's fine I don't care, I can't trust anyone."

"I know kid."

"Good. If you need anything let me know," I closed the door behind me. I had to be there for him at least.