A truly impressive individual knows when to endure and when to withdraw.

"Kid, you were impressive!"

In front of Lin Dong, a glowing shadow materialized, as the small marten appeared. However, it did not mock him as before, but instead raised its claws to him and spoke.

"After being humiliated in such a way, how can I be called impressive?" Lin Dong chuckled somewhat self-deprecatingly.

"Kid, if you had really disregarded your life and pulled out all the stops against him, you would be considered impressive as well. In fact, the bystanders will probably admire your courage, before they mourn your loss. However, after that, your Lin Family will fall into despair. Your parents will be heartbroken and they may even fight to the death against that guy for you. Then, the outcome will still be same and you will have also doomed the entire Lin Family. You should also understand why this is so, that is because the current you is not as valuable as that fellow."

The small marten smiled as it somewhat sincerely said: "Sometimes, it's best not to go all-out. A truly impressive individual knows when to endure and when to withdraw. Even if others mock him, he will ignore them. That is true courage and charisma...because, hope springs eternal as long as one is alive."

wdqk-chapter-182

*****************************************************

Wu Dong Qian Kun, one of the earliest novel I read, and eventually DC.

Anyway, this is also one of a few rare moments where MC use his head and not his plot armor. 

"hope springs eternal as long as one is alive."

Be Alive!

But so many MC is just headstrong, using justice or pride as his excuse to fight on, often logically will lead to their death, but as we always have known, MC is protected by thick plot armor. 

Maybe one's upbringing will change how people view the world. I have always been at the lower strata so for me it is easier to endure. Some people rather die than submit. To each their own.