Saving Grace

I spent the remainder of the night drifting between talking with Newt and Thomas. Just making small talk and asking questions that were vaguely answered by Newt and far less cryptically explained by Thomas.

Only after Newt told me that we had a busy day tomorrow did I retire for bed. I said goodnight to both Thomas and Newt, headed back to the Homestead and slid into my bed.

I was right. The beds were seriously uncomfortable and it must've taken another hour before I could even think about going to sleep.

Even though I had a nap earlier, my eyes started to close on their own accord. My body went slack as I let sleep take over my body.

I was walking swiftly. The walls around me seemed to distort themselves and go wonky. It didn't stop me though, I powered through.

The door at the end of the hallway opened as I stopped in front of it. Inside, a young girl with her hair tied back sat at a reception desk. She was wearing white.

I blinked and when I opened my eyes, she was dead. Blood spattered along the wall behind her and on her white dress and desk. I blinked again and it was gone.

"I have an appointment with Dr. Page." I told her. My voice came out of my mouth on its own accord as if it had its own brain.

"I've been inside all day, what's the weather like?"

"It looks like snow." My voice responded. The thing is, it was the hottest time of the year and I was sweating. The receptionist reached under her desk and clicked four numbers. I assumed there was a key-pad. A door next to her desk opened and swung open.

I didn't look back as I walked through the door. My sight flashed again and all of the people in the room were dead. I blinked.

I was sitting in a plastic chair looking at different vital and brain functions of a boy named Alby on a computer. I looked up and saw a young boy sitting across from me doing the same thing.

He looked up at me and faintly smiled. It was Thomas. But what were we doing here? What is this place?

The scenes kept changing with flashes of light that could give an epileptic a fit. They changed from scenes of Thomas and I doing computer monitoring to a group of people watching me with surgeon masks on to a tree.

The tree was on a pendant made out of bronze. It looked familiar. The tree looked old and branches spiralled out into the edges of the circle that surrounded it. It was given to me by an older looking male with greying hair. I was promising him something although I couldn't hear what either of us were saying.

There was another flash of white and the man was standing in front of a woman with blonde hair and a white dress. He seemed to be arguing with her about something. She looked stone cold as she beconed a guard in white over to her. He nodded at whatever she said, gripped the greying-haired mans arm and dragged him out of the room. He screamed all the way out and eventually it got quieter as he got further away. I could still faintly hear him from where I stood at the side of the room. There was a gunshot and then there was silence.

The scene changed once more and this time I was in an office and the lady in White was standing over me.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good, remember that. You are our next option, should something happen to our dear Teresa. Your our next Saving Grace."

My eyes snapped open and I sat bolt upright. The sun was shining through the cracks in the walls and roof and sweat pooled upon my skin.

I felt something move slightly in my pocket and I reached down into it and pulled something out by the chain.

It was the pendant.

What did it mean? Was it a symbol? Did it mean something? What was it for?

It was then that I saw the pair of wings hanging next to the tree.

"Your our next Saving Grace." The voice whispered in my head the same time I muttered the sentence.

What is going on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Media=

Photo= Minho Poster

Video= "Dylan O'Brien and Costars on Who Would Survive The Maze Runner World"

What do you guys think?

Goal for the next chapter is

20 reads and 18 votes

Or

50 reads.