Drugged into Nightmares

Newt didn't stay long after our conversation. He had gone to get me some water at some point. He only let me take little sips even though I was so thirsty.

"I'm going to get the Med-Jacks. You stay here." He ordered.

I followed his orders and waited silently. The bronze of the pendant around my neck seemed to get heavier and I took it out to study it more closely.

It was intricately shaped and moulded, each clump of leaves was as detailed as the next. I ran my finger across the surface of the metal and sighed.

What does it mean? What is it for?

A sudden drowsiness overtook my senses and I could barely keep my eyes open. I felt like someone had drugged me.

Newt. He put dissolvable sleeping pills in my water or something. That piece of klunk!

The more I struggled, the more tired I became and eventually I didn't have the strength to keep my eyes open any more.

The woman in White was standing in front of me.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good, remember that."

"Of course, Dr Page. What else would we be?" I asked her. She smiled bitterly at me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good."

My vision turned black. I realised my eyes were closed and I opened them slowly. I was sitting up in a hospital bed. There was a middle aged lady that looked familiar sitting in a chair across the room. She was crying.

"Mummy?" A tiny, squeaky voice asked. It was me. The voice was mine but I wasn't in control. I couldn't do anything. I felt like I was being used like a puppet.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good." The voice echoed.

The lady looked up and smiled. I could tell it was fake.

"Ravyn honey, you should be resting." She said. Her voice was scratchy but sweet.

"What's wrong, Mummy?" I asked. She sniffed.

"You won't be able to see me again for a while. It'll be alright." She stood up and walked towards me.

"I'll always be here." She said lovingly, her hand over my heart.

"I love you, baby." She said.

"I love you too, Mummy." My small voice said. She smiled sadly and kissed my forehead. I reached my hands up and hugged her middle. She hugged back tightly.

Suddenly, two armoured men in black, charged into the room and grabbed my "mother" by her arms, ripping her from my grasp.

"Mummy? Mum! what's going on? let her go!" I screamed.

"It's alright baby. I love you, remember that." She didn't struggle. She didn't fight. She didn't do anything. I screamed and struggled against the strap against my waist. Tears were streaming down my face.

At the door, one of the guards pulled out a gun and followed them outside, slamming the door.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good."

I jolted awake with a scream. Thomas rushed into the room followed by Gally and Alby.

"What's wrong Ravyn?" Thomas asked. He looked horrible. I noticed the bandages around his arms and he was pale and sweaty.

"I, uh, had a nightmare. It's alright. I'm alright." I responded. I am not alright. I don't know if that was a memory or just a nightmare but there was no doubt about it. That was my Mum.

Thomas ushered the other boys out of the room and turned to me.

"You want to talk about it?" he asked. I shook my head. He sat on the end of my bed and looked at me.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked him. He nodded and turned his body to face me, showing that I had his full attention

"You can't tell anybody." I pressed.

"You have my word."

"I can't remember anything. I can't remember my family or any memories, experiences. Only my name." I confided.

"That's normal. That happens to everybody here. I only know my name as well." He said.

"But why?"

"We don't know."

"In my dream, there was this lady. She had blonde hair and was dressed in formal white clothes. She kept repeating the same thing. She says it in all my dreams. She says," I paused. He looked at me wearily.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good." We said at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys read so fast! it's hard to keep up.

Media =

Photo= Movie Poster

Video= "MAZE TRIALS l Maze Runner"

Goal is

70 reads and 43 votes

Or

150 reads.