My own Mini-Glade

I didn't return until dinner. I wandered around the Glade for a while, avoiding Newt as much as I could and then disappearing into the Deadheads so I could find the doors on that wall.

There was a small clearing by the doors in question. The grass was greener than in the Glade and the trees seemed to be more alive. There was even a few flowers growing around the place.

It calmed me down anyway and I was hesitant to leave when the doors closed.

As I was walking out of my Mini-Glade, I noticed a particular tree off to the side. It looked familiar. I quickly made my way over to it.

It's leaves seemed too green to be real. they looked almost neon. The bark looked as though it had never been touched by erosion or marked with anything. There was an indentation in the middle of trunk and I sighed.

I walked past the beautiful tree and began to run through the Deadheads. I made it back to the Glade before the sun completely set and I snuck around to the back door of the Homestead.

It took a while but I managed to get to my room without anyone noticing me.

I let out a deep breath and lay down on my bed. I pulled out my necklace and studied the wings.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good. What does that even mean?" I asked myself quietly.

"I don't know." A voice replied. I shrieked and sat bolt upright.

Newt revealed himself from the shadows and glared at me.

"And frankly. I don't care. I would like to know where you've been, though." He said. I groaned.

"I've been." I paused, "out."

"Okay look. It's dangerous here. especially for a girl."

"Oh really? What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned sarcastically.

"It means your a girl and these boys haven't seen or met one as far as they know of. You don't know what some of them are capable of." He stated.

He's right, in a way. I don't know what these boys are capable of but that doesn't mean I can't protect myself.

I was going to prove that I can.

"I want to be a Runner."

Newt scoffed.

"Haven't you been listening to anything these last few days? No-one wants to be a Runner."

"There's a first time for everything." I replied sassily.

"You don't even know what's out there!" He pressed.

"Then tell me."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I just can't okay!" he yelled.

"Whatever. Just get out." I said sadly while turning over onto my side.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." He whispered.

Something told me I wasn't meant to hear it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Media=

Photo= Movie Poster

Video= "THE MAZE RUNNER Cast on Pink Party Buses & Greenie Moments!"

Goal is

330 reads.