Ripe for the Picking

The Slicers made me kill an innocent sheep and then skin it. They then made me string it up by its feet and slit it's throat with a bucket underneath it to catch the blood.

I hurled twice.

The next job was Builders. I finally found out who Gally was. He was the boy who got me out of the box and dumped me in the "Slammer." The Builders gave me a pile of sticks and some rope and told me to make a small tent or hut.

That didn't go so well. My hut fell apart as soon as they started testing it. They told me not to even bother with the Bricknicks.

I was then ushered to the Cooks, who told me to bake something. I decided on cookies because they were easy enough to make and didn't take long. I couldn't take much more of this.

While my cookies were cooking, I fell asleep in my chair and the next time I opened my eyes, there was an angry Frypan looking at me expectantly while holding a plate of charcoal cookies. I laughed awkwardly and hurried out the door to my next station.

As I made my way over to the Gardens, my head suddenly exploded in pain. I shrieked loudly. To make matters worse, I tripped over and landed in the grass. I pulled my legs into the fetal position and cradled my head in my hands.

Teresa, why?

The voice sounded familiar but not at the same time. It was a males voice but it was fuzzy and slightly distorted. It was frustrating. I know the voice. I know I do.

I was vaguely aware, over the pain that was still vibrating through my skull, sets of loud, heavy footsteps rushing in my direction.

"Oh my klunk! Ravyn, are you alright!" I heard a familiar voice ask. It was Newt.

I groaned. I opened my eyes slightly and rolled onto my back. Newt was at my side in less than a minute. He quickly checked me for any visible wounds. When he didn't find any, he calmed down. I then became aware of the other people crowding around us.

"Holy klunk! Is she okay?"

"Hey, what's going on?"

"I don't know, Slinthead! I only just got here."

Newt helped me stand up and I swayed away from his steadying hands on my shoulders and almost fell over again. He let out a small chuckle and helped to stabilise me.

"Let's get you inside." He said. I nodded and held onto his arm tightly as we slowly progressed towards the Homestead. The sun seemed a thousand times hotter than it was five minutes ago and sweat began to roll down my face in exhaustion.

When we reached the Homestead, Newt led me to my room and opened the door with his free hand. He helped me sit down on the bed.

"What happened to you? I heard you scream." He asked me concernedly. I looked up at him.

"I don't know. I was walking over to the Gardens to take their test thing and my head randomly burst into pain. It literally felt like someone was bashing my head in and sticking needles through my brain. Then there was this voice-"

"A voice?" He interrupted. I nodded.

"What did it say?" He asked.

"It said Teresa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think is going on?

Media=

Photo= Ravyn's Pendant

Video= "Dylan O'Brien and the maze runner cast play cops and robber!!"

The goal is

50 reads and 35 votes

Or

100 reads.