Missing Person

"How?" I asked. Thomas looked at me sadly.

"I have these dreams. The same lady you told me about tells the same thing over and over." He said.

I gaped at him. How is this possible?

"There's also this symbol. It looks like bronze and it has a tree on it." He told me. I smiled sadly and lifted my necklace. He almost fell over in shock.

"Ravyn, what's going on?" he asked me.

"I wish I knew. I really do."

<**#**>

Only when nightfall came was I aloud outside. Everyone was by a small fire. I walked over and looked for Newt or Thomas. I found Thomas sitting on a log in the inner ring of people. I shoved my way through the crowd and sat down next to him. He smiled at me.

"Alright, listen up! We have an announcement." Alby said over the loud chatter. He was standing in the middle of the circle. He looked terrible. You could see the lines under his eyes and you could tell he hadn't been eating. The conversations around the circle stopped.

"Ben's missing. No-one can find him. I want everyone to be extra careful until we do find him or we can be sure of the alternative." I looked at Thomas. He looked sad but thoughtful. Alby walked away and the chatter resumed.

I turned to Thomas.

"Think you could answer a few questions?" I asked him hopefully.

"Maybe."

"Who sent us here?"

"Judging from our dreams, W.I.C.K.E.D."

"What does it stand for?" I asked him confusedly.

He shook his head.

"I don't know."

The night passed slowly. Thomas and I, after some time, drifted away to talk to other people. No matter what conversation I joined, they were all about Ben.

Eventually I retired to my bed. I wasn't overly excited to go to sleep because the dreams slight come back.

As I lay in bed, questions began to rattle around in my mind.

Who's voice was that? What happened to my mother? Who is W.I.C.K.E.D? What do they want?

My door creaked open and I scrambled back.

"Relax, it's just me." Newt said from the shadows. I sighed and calmed my rapidly beating heart.

Newt sat down on my bed and looked at me.

"How was your day, aside from the obvious collapsing like a shank?" he asked. I chuckled.

"What does half of your slang even mean?" I asked him.

"Well, klunk is another word for poo because that's what it sounds like when it hits our pee pots. They're all basically variations of that." He explained. I struggled to keep in a laugh.

"My day was horrible. They made me kill a sheep! It was so innocent and they made kill it, string it up and slit it's throat!" I responded. He laughed.

"I take it your not a Slicer then?"

"No."

"My hut for the builders fell apart as soon as they started testing it and I fell asleep while my cookies were baking."

Now Newt was the one holding in a laugh. He got himself under control after I glared at him.

"So, you're not a Slicer, Builder, Cook, Bricknick, Runner, Med-" I cut him off.

"I haven't done the test for the Runners yet."

"You don't. You have to be chosen."

"By who?"

"Minho usually."

"Who's he?" I asked.

"He's the Keeper of the Runners." Newt explained. I sighed.

"And besides, no-one wants to be a Runner. The Grievers scare them off the job."

"Wait, hold up. What's a Griever?" I asked. Newts eyes widened comically as if he said something he wasn't meant to and he scurried to the door.

"You don't want to know." He ran out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What? Chapter 8 already?

Media=

Photo= Movie Poster

Video= "The Maze Runner Clip."

Because you guys seem to like this story, I'll make the goal short this time.

185 reads.