W.I.C.K.E.D is generous

"Ravyn. Pandora is not the threat. You know that."

"I know, Miss." I responded blandly.

"Do you see what those people have done to you? They've brainwashed you into thinking that we are the enemy but it's okay. We'll get you back to normal in no time." The woman said softly, placing a hand on my cheek.

She was wearing a green dress that cut off just below the knee. The sleeves were long and her hands disappeared inside them when she put her arms down at her sides. Her hair was blonde and tied back into a tight ponytail.

She was wearing a necklace. The pendant in the middle was about the size of the circumference of a glue stick lid. It was a tree. An intricate tree the same as mine. The only difference being that hers was coloured and mine wasn't.

My vision went white and I tried to scream. Scenes of my life came by in quick flashes. They were so quick, I didn't know what they were, they only looked like blurs of colour.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good."

I awoke with a start, shooting out of my bed and falling onto the floor.

I couldn't hear the usual amount of noise in the Glade that there should be and that worried me.

I walked to the door of the Homestead and peeked out. Everyone was crowding around the box.

I ran over and looked at the kid next to me.

"What's going on?"

"The box came up with packages with people's names on them. They're handing them out." He told me excitedly.

I didn't like the sound of this.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good." I muttered darkly.

The kid next to me glanced at me oddly before turning back to listen for his name.

"Ravyn? is Ravyn here yet?" I heard Thomas ask.

"Yeah, I'm at the back." I responded over the loud chatter.

"Alright everyone. When you have your box, can you please leave? We're trying to get to everyone here." I heard Thomas ask.

Almost immediately about half of the boys standing around the box started to walk away.

I walked over to the mouth of the box and saw Thomas digging through a pile of packages.

"Tom. Did you find one for me?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah. I gave it to Newt to give to you." He told me with a wave of his hand. I felt my heart squeeze randomly. What the hell?

"Ravyn?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah, okay thanks." I replied.

I wandered around for a while, looking for Newt. Eventually, I got hungry so I headed for the Food-Shack. As luck would have it, I saw Newt talking to Minho on a log facing the doors.

"Do you want something or are you just gonna stand around?" I heard Frypan ask. I laughed.

"Yeah, what have you got?"

"Pancakes or toast."

"Pancakes please." I asked kindly.

He handed me my pancakes and I walked toward Newt.

"Apparently you have my package thing." I said from behind them, they turned around.

"Who told you that?" Newt asked.

"A little birdie. Do you have it or not?"

"Yeah, you have to open it here though."

I nodded in agreement and he produced about the size of a shoe box. I sat down in front of the log across from them and Newt passed the box to me.

"Go wild." He said.

I decided to finish my half eaten pancake before opening the box.

After I finished my breakfast, I picked up the box.

"What did you guys get?" I asked.

"I got a new pair of clothes and a knife." Newt answered.

"Same." Minho added.

I lifted the lid off the box and peered inside.

There was a new purple tank top and jeans. I picked them up and put them in my lap. Looking inside the box, I saw a pair of running shoes. They were a light purple with white souls and black sides. I laughed.

"What?" Minho asked curiously.

I picked the shoes up silently.

"Oh, that's generous." He said jealously.

Maybe I am meant to be a Runner after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Media=

Photo= Movie Poster

Video= "The Maze Runner Cast Talks Cuddling, The Kardashians & Jay Z - Comic Con 2014"

Goal is

380 reads.