reality checked

Olivers p.o.v.

"Hey, Jakey? Can you go home and check on Feli and Emma? I have some things to take care of."

"Sure thing Olive," As he gives me a kiss and walks out of the tavern. " love you"

"Alex can you lock up?"

"Sure thing, Oliver."

I take out my phone and look at the directions to Peyton's dads house. I have a conversation to have. I mean i may be glad he moved in with Issak (though i rather he haven't had to) but its still wrong what he did to his own son! I mean, seriously!?! Who hires someone to rape their own son?!? It doesn't matter how, what matters is that he pays for his actions... and even though Issak would be more than happy to break his legs... i don't think that would do any justice... still a satisfying thought though.

I get to the house and knock on the front door. A tan Basitin opens the door he looks to be 2 years younger than peyton.

"Oh its you from the clothes store...what was your name again?"

"Oliver... and your Dillan right, Peyton told me."

"Yeah so how is...?"

"DILLAN WHO'S AT THE DOOR"

"It's just a friend, dad."

"Alright, son."

"So what brings you here?"

"Actually, your father... he has some explaining to do. And very possibly an ass whooping to receive."

"Ummm... Okay? I'll go get him...This is about what he did to Peyton right?"

"Yes... Yes it is."

"Okay...? DAD HE WANTS TO SEE YOU!!!"

"What is it?" Peyton's dad asks, coming out of his study, wielding his bible. He looks up at at Oliver, not recognizing him at first. He smiles and greets him. "Oh, hello. How may i help you?"

"Hi i would like to talk to you about your son."

"Yes, what about Dillan?"

"No... your other son?"

"I only have one son."

"Yeah... i thought you would say something like that... if that was true... what was that thing that happened at the church a couple sermons ago?"

Peyton's father paused as he looks up at me

"I'm sorry, i have no clue what you are talking about. If you had come over to start some controversy, i must respectfully ask you to leave. Dillan if you would."

Dillan looks at me and then at the door, his ears sinking. His eyes was filled with some kind of hurt, as if not wanting to turn against his father but also wanting to do right by Peyton. He tries to close the door in my face but i stop it with my hand.

"CONTROVERSY? NO, WHAT IS CONTROVERSIAL IS BEING ONE OF THOSE ASSHOLES WHO KICK THERE OWN KIDS OUT OF THEIR OWN HOME, BUTT ASS NAKED MIND YOU. SOMEONE WHO CRITICIZES THEIR CHOICES IN RELATIONSHIPS, PARTNERS, EVERY LAST FRIEND THEY HAVE! AND TO TOP THE CAKE WITH ICING AND SPRINKLES, THE VERY WORST OF ALL IS TO HAVE HIS KID "FIXED". YOUR OWN SON WAS RAPED BUT HERE I AM BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID TO YOUR OWN SON!!!" I scream as i walk towards him, jabbing him with my finger and causing him to back up into the wall.

"HE MADE HIS CHOICE WHEN HE WALKED OUT OF THIS HOUSEHOLD AND TURNED HIS BACK ON GOD. HE IS NO SON OF MINE!!!"

"YOU HAVE NO SHAME, DO YOU...? HE IS YOUR SON AND WHEN HE REALLY NEEDED YOU TO BE ACCEPTING, YOU ABANDONED HIM.. WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE DOES THAT SET FOR DILLAN?"

Smack! My face burns from where the pastor has struck me.

"YOU WILL LEAVE MY SON'S NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO COME INTO MY HOME, YELL AT ME, AND QUESTION MY PARENTING? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!!!"

"DAD!!"

"Dillan go upstairs. Get out of here. Dillan, you don't need to see this."

"NO DAD I THINK... I think i do." Dillan says, rubbing his shoulder. "I'm worried about Peyton too."

"What is there to worry about? He had his cahnce to stay. A chance to come home and he denied both of them."

"Yeah, i wouldn't want to come home if my father paid a gang to rape me so i'll be straight."

"I never intended-"

"I doesn't matter what you intended. Do you love your skydaddy so much that you would go to such lengths? Aren't you supposed to leave that up to him and god?"

"I am his pastor, i am supposed to help him on his journey to find god."

"That's... bullshit." Dillan growls.

"Excuse me?" his father asks, turning to his son with distraught.

"IT's bullshit! WHAT HAS GOD EVER DONE FOR ME ASIDE FROM RUN MY BROTHER OUT OF THE HOUSE AND TURN MY FATHER INTO THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE IN TH..."

"ENOUGH DILLAN! Not another word."

"No, it's bullshit dad and you know it!" Dillan then proceeds to stand behind me "OLIVER IS RIGHT! YOU HAVE NO SHAME FOR WHAT YOU DID to HIm!"

"I SAID ENOUGH!"

A door opens from behind them, Peyton's mother stepping out with a suitcase in hand. Everyone looks at her with concerning eyes. She smiles weakly.

"My mother called. She wishes for both Dillan and i to come visit her for a week or so. It's concerning the sermon as of late." she says weakly, her eyes trained on the floor. "Dillan, please get packed up. She had already called a taxi for us."

"Yeah... okay?"

Peyton's father has a look of disapproval on his face but says nothing. He turns toward his study.

"Fine. Take that abomination out of the house with you."

"I will." she whimpers.

And then the door to the study slams.After a strangely silent moment the three of us left the house to let the pastor reflect on what just happened.

"Do you need a ride or are your parents coming to get you?"

"Actually..." the young mother stops with a pause. "If it is not too much trouble... would you please let me see my baby boy?"

It wasn't an instantaneous "yes, of course not. From walking them over to Issak and making sure that Peyton wasn't freaking out, arranging dinner. I smile anyway, with big fat grin. "

Yeah. He'd like that."

*on my way home love you 😘 ❤️❤️*

So i start to drive home having fulfilled what i needed then i think to myself i should probably get jake and feli a gift for making him worry. So i stop at the plushie store and get jake his favorite plush a racoon And feli hers a plush rabbit.

I get to the apartment to see jake and feli passed out on the couch so i kiss both of them on the forehead put there plush's on the table with notes and go off to bed.