And So It Goes

Jasmine roared past a familiar person walking in the opposite way that she was driving. She didn’t pay any mind to who it was, thinking it was a walker, until the person started to yell at her to stop.

Jasmine quickly reversed to see that it was in fact Emmett, who had gotten separated from the group by himself. She unlocked the doors and allowed Emmett to climb in after he had put his pack in the back.

“Oh my god, you’re alive!” Emmett yelled smiling and reaching over to hug her.

Jasmine returned the hug and nodded, allowing a smile to shine through on her dirty yet beautiful face.

“I didn’t think anyone else had survived.” Emmett said, looking away from her as she began to drive back down the road.

“Me either.” Jasmine whispered, not really being in the mood to talk at the moment. She actually hadn’t been in the mood to talk after what had happened with John and those men.

Silence reigned in the car as they drove until they came upon a clearing in the woods. Jasmine decided to pull over to sleep. After setting up camp and the fire, they sat around it quietly.

“So what is your plan?” Emmett asked Jasmine, looking at her face as she stared into the fire.

“I’m going to find Daryl. Nothing else matters.” Jasmine said quietly and didn’t notice the look of disbelief on the face of Emmett.

“No one else is alive!” Emmett said, not believing her for an instant.

“You didn’t think that until you found me. The others could be alive, we just need to find them.” Jasmine said, not raising her voice or even looking at the man who thought he could change her plan. She would do whatever it took to find Daryl and Brady. She would give anything to get them back in her life.  “If you don’t want to be with me when I find them then you don’t need to come. You can go your own way again, I don’t need anyone else.”

“I need to find a safe place instead of looking for people who could be gone. I can’t get my hopes up anymore.” Emmett said, shaking his head sadly and grabbed his bag. He walked away slowly and Jasmine didn’t once look up.

**SIX MONTHS LATER**

Jasmine could feel her heart beating ruggedly and her breath was erratic as she swung her knife into the ninth walker that she had already killed in the span of five minutes. There was still a huge group surrounding her and she could feel herself getting weaker by the minute. Was this how it all ended?

She had spent the last six months looking for Daryl and couldn’t find a damn trace of him anywhere. After that night, she hadn’t seen Emmett at all either so she expected the worst. She saw Michelle, the woman who had been locked up in the basement with her, as a walker. She didn’t look to fresh so she knew she must have been turned after they had all escaped. Jasmine prayed every night that Daryl, Brady, and Bentley had made it out safe, to a God that didn’t seem to hear her.

Jasmine’s body had went through the motions of killing the remaining walker’s as she had been thinking over the last six months. She felt relieved as she saw the dead bodies finally laying there still after all the trouble that they had put her through. She then looked around the small town she was in and sighed, finding another dead end and an almost death for herself.

I hear your voice, you tell me that you'll never go.  And I believe it, I believe it.

 And if you're thinking I might, might be lead astray.  Just remember this one question

 What if I was nothing? What if this is true?  What if I was nothing, girl, nothing without you?

 So what if I was angry, what did you think I'd do?  I told you that I love you, girl, I'm nothing without you.

Daryl felt the song replay itself in his head once again as he walked the perimeter of the prison. He and Merle had met up with Rick and most of the others that had fled the community. The only ones missing were Shane, Beth, and Jasmine. Shane had been with Lori and Beth but Lori had found her way back to Rick as she had always meant to. But, she had lost her life giving birth to little ass kicker, or Judith, as Carl had named her. The group had fought an evil man named the Governor, and took in all of his people that he had left at Woodbury. One woman, named Anna, had tried to find her way into Daryl’s every waking moment, making it impossible for him to be alone. He struggled with keeping Jasmine in his head and not going insane with the thought of her being away from him. Daryl knew that she was still alive and wouldn’t disgrace her by being with another woman, but he couldn’t help but find his eyes on her at times and it disgusted him. Merle even had the audacity to talk to him about it and he nearly punched him in the face.

Daryl was about to leave on a run with Zack, Michonne, Tyreese, Bob, and Glenn and he was making sure everyone hurried so they could get back before the sun set. Daryl felt a little sick at the fact he was going on this raid but he shook his head and pushed the feeling aside. Merle was going with Jacob and Rick to a nearby town, opposite of the way that Daryl and his group were going. Little did the prison group know that each group would be coming home with something important to everyone.