2

"Good afternoon everyone!"

CL, the president of the dance club greets us. The moment she talks everyone went silent to listen to what she was about to say. I must say that all the people here are respecting her.

"Welcome to our new members! I hope you have fun in this club."

She smiles causing everybody to clap.

"Before we proceed to our dance routine, I would like to watch all the new members dance in front of everyone. It has been a drill for the new ones. I know that you are not prepared. I just want you to dance. Any song will do. Do you understand?"

We all nod in response while I feel my heart racing, sweat starts to drip on my neck, and something is like closing the air entrance making it hard to breathe.

Shit! It's here again. I try calming myself down in silence not wanting to attract attention. It's the last thing I need.

"Li, calm down."

Chaeng rubs my back and inches closer to me. I try to steady my breathing but it's no use. I immediately stride to the comfort room without anyone noticing. That's because everyone is busy. Lucky me.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!"

I curse and try to steady my breathing once again after closing the door. I close my eyes and relax my body trying to get away from this shit.

"Li!"

I knew it's Chaeng by the sound of her voice. She holds my shoulders, trying to help me by saying inhale and exhale. But it didn't work.

"You got this, Li! Imagine yourself in a studio dancing alone. That's your happy place right?"

I nodded. 

"Imagine getting lost in the rhythm of music and moving your body to the sound. Imagine me and your mom watching you. Just us! No judgments, just amaze on how you move."

With that, I felt my body relax and my breath became steady. I open my eyes to see Chaeng worry evident in her face.

"I'm sorry, Chaeng."

I apologize for being like a piece of shit. I'm always a burden to her.

"Don't apologize, Li. I'm your best friend. That's what best friends do."

She smiles genuinely and I can't help but smile back.

"You okay now?"

I nod in response.

"Just close your eyes when you perform. You don't need to force yourself okay? One step at a time."

Yes! One step at a time, Lisa. You can do this!

When we got back, Seulgi Kang is performing. I think Momo Hirai is done seeing how she sweats. We're only 4 girls who signed up yesterday meaning after Seulgi, we're next.

Seulgi is performing Rihanna's work. The girl is very detailed and the way she moves is full of confidence and sexiness. That earned her a standing ovation from everyone including CL. She humbly bows and sits next to me.

As much as I want to compliment her, I can't. I just can't. All I can do is smile at her hoping it would be enough.

Talking to a stranger is not my thing. Good thing Chaeng is very persistent to be my friend. I don't know what did I do in my past life to deserve her.

"I'm up!"

Chaeng stands up, smiling at me before she readies herself to dance.

"Break a leg, Roshieboo!"