2: Denied

If you were reading this book before, I'm so sorry to inform you that I deleted the last chapters I had updated and changed the storyline. But the characters are still the same. Do refresh this book in your library and I hope you enjoy the new storyline I put together. Thanks 😊 and sorry. 😩

And thanks a lot @ShanteSOspecial for the book cover above. Love it. ❤

When other languages (igbo, Yoruba, etc) are used, they are written in italics in between apostrophes.

                                  ***

Gracefield students were known for being smartly dressed in their uniforms. Nobody wan carry last (Nobody wants to be behind).

The senior boys wore black long sleeved shirts with red and black plaid trousers while the girls wore shirts, and skirts with pleats, both of the same color as the boy's. Our ties were red and black plaids too.

The junior boys wore the same color but short-sleeves over shorts and no tie while the girls wore pinafores over a short-sleeved T-shirt with a bow at the neck.

I really don’t know what prompted the owner of my school to choose those kind of colours but some parents who are over religious didn’t accept it so they wouldn’t let their kids come here. But parents like mine, who are religious too but valued education more didn’t bother about the colors.

It was the first day of school, so not everyone had resumed. Some were still taking their time at home with their own extra holiday. I would have loved the idea of waiting a week or two before resuming but the atmosphere at home is choking. I needed something to keep my mind off most of the drama and school was the only place I had.

“I am happy to inform you about the wedding of our esitimed teachers, Mr. Samuel Maxwell and Miss Grace Olusola.” The principal announced on the podium where he had been talking for the past 30 minutes.

As much as it was great news to hear that there was actually a whole lot going on between Mr. Sam and Miss G, it would have been better if we weren’t under our Nigeria sun receiving indirect morning punishment.

The Principal was sure to have a lot to say whenever he took over the podium and we always came prepared with our books to cover our heads and faces from the sun but this was unexpected.

Our Principal, Mr. Gabriel Ogunseyitan, is a bald Yoruba man with a thick accent. He tried so much to speak good English but the words always came out wrongly.

He looked like a ball with his protruding tommy and height probably an inch above 5 feet. I can’t say but he looked really short and round that it confused me.

“Wo, you are all invited and ehn, yes ke, there is food.” I caught on the Principal’s talking halfway to the end. It seemed like he was just answering a question from a student.

I turned to look back so as to spot maybe the blush on Miss Grace’s face or the handsome grin on Mr. Samuel’s face but saw Tayo instead.

I waved at him with a smile and he waved back but in a calm and collected manner. Tayo was our fine bobo friend that was too cool to show himself.

He was a handsome guy, dark skinned, not too lanky but nice body statue. As cool as he pretended to be, Oluchi and I knew how crazy he could be. He was just forming boss for all the fine girls he’s not even dating. Yes, Tayo is still single. He keeps saying something about the right one which I know is a big lie.

“-Valentine Joy.” I heard before I felt Oluchi tap me from behind.

“Can’t you hear your name?” Oluchi asked me from behind before I raised my hand to signify my presence.