9: Karma Says Hello

They say Mondays are the worst days of every week but that's not the same with me. For me, Saturdays are the worst days: from cleaning, to washing, to ironing and other unnecessary things my mom finds important.

"Mtcheew." I heard and looked up to see it was Adora in the hallway. She had a frown etched on her face and I knew it was because Grandma had forced her to help with the house chores. "I knew you were the one that tattled to grandma." She said as I walked passed her to my door.

"Have I ever asked for your help?" I asked then hissed before entering my room, not without missing the angry lines that had spread across her forehead.

Have I ever mentioned how pitiable Adora's life is to me? Always angry for no reason at all. I wonder if she has friends and how they even cope with her. I'm just glad she's leaving tomorrow, finally!

I slumped on my bed and let out a loud sigh before turning on my phone to check the time. It was already 6:30 in the evening, and Tayo and Oluchi hadn't come yet. Tonight was movie night - a tradition we had adopted from Big Sis when she was around.

Initially, it used to be just me, Big Sis and Senior Eric then, we graduated to having Tayo and Oluchi join and sometimes the twins, before Big Sis and Senior Eric left for the University. Now, it's just Tayo, Oluchi and I.

"Hello!" Oluchi said in a singsong voice as she entered the room with Tayo behind her.

"Can't you guys knock?" I asked as I sat up.

Oluchi walked over to sit on my right while Tayo sat on my left.

"Since when did that one start?" Tayo asked and Oluchi chuckled.

I was still smiling at what Tayo had just said when I noticed how he was staring at Oluchi, like he was just seeing her for the first time. It was amazing and at the same time awkward, but I wondered how I didn't see this on time? How I didn't notice how much Tayo liked Oluchi and most of all, how much Oluchi liked Tayo too - it was obvious she did.

Immediately Tayo noticed I was looking at him, he cleared his throat and I blinked before looking back at Oluchi.

"I thought you guys weren't coming." I mentioned.

"And miss seeing an amazing face we see almost every day?" Tayo asked, his voice oiled with so much sarcasm.

I shook my head at him as Oluchi laughed.
"Don't mind him. I would have been here earlier but I had to do something for my mom." She said.

"Oh." I let out. "Ehen," I turned to see Tayo had already gotten up to charge his phone at my table side. "No one has said what really caused the fight between Bayo and Emma, even Treasure doesn't know."

And that was saying a lot. Everyone had that radio without battery; that tatafo (gossip) that doesn't know when to call it quit with rumours and real news, and Treasure was ours. Her social media name and also nickname was Treason. Why? Because she paid loyalty to no one but herself, so you shouldn't trust her with your deepest secrets. Her nickname was like a warning for those who thought being friends with her was a good idea. Why she gave herself that name with such thinking was still unclear to everyone.

"I was also wondering. God that saved them that they hadn't fought before the security man saw them, if not, they'll be doing more than cleaning toilets the whole week. I'm sha very sure that the reason they fought is really bad for Matthew to even threaten Treasure." Oluchi mentioned.

"For real?"

"Ah, you don't know? They almost fought about the issue sef."

"Wow." I exclaimed and we both turned to look at Tayo who had his eyes on his phone.