5: ETISALAT, now you're talking.

Thanks a lot ShanteSOspecial for another lovely cover. 😊❤

***

I pried off the lid of my plastic lunch plate and the smell of my Jollof rice and fried meat made my nose rise in the air while sniffing.

"Some people just want to kill somebody before they actually eat." Tayo commented as he got up and left the table.

Oluchi and I laughed as we watched him join the queue to the lunch lady behind the glass shelf where the whole food for the day were lined inside.

"Let me go and get my own food too." Oluchi said and made her way to the long queue of hungry students.

I searched my bag for my spoon and almost had a heart attack when it took me too long to find it.

"For a minute there, you scared me." I told my spoon and smiled before I started eating.

"You talk to your spoons too?" A voice asked, startling me.

I turned to see it was the new student, Bayo, sitting on the bench beside me.

"Hi. I'm Bayo." He said and brought out his hand for me to shake.

"No kidding." I said and he caught on my sarcasm with a chuckle as I shook his hand.

"Oh, yeah. You were in class during my introduct." He said and I chuckled at how he inducted the use of the principal's mistake. "So, you need new Press Club members?"

"And you know someone that's interested?" I cocked a brow.

"Am I not fit for the position or do I not look newsworthy?" he asked and I shook my head with a smile on my face.

"Sorry. Let me get my book." I said and put down my spoon to get my book from my bag. "I don't like being disturbed when eating so you should count yourself lucky that I'm paying any attention to you." I said as I opened the book that I hoped to write down more names of people joining the Press Club.

"Why are there just three names in it?" he asked as I wrote down his name as number four.

"Because no one's coming to join." I said and replaced the book in my bag.

"And you don't intend on doing anything about it?"

"If I didn't, I wouldn't have made that announcement in class." I said as I returned to eating my food.

"Wow. What a great idea you came up with." He exclaimed and I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. "Do you have any free period before we close today?"

"Maybe. Why?"

"When you do, meet me in my class."

"What do you want to do?"

"Help you."

"How?"

"Just meet me in my class and stop asking stupid questions." He said and left before I could get a word in.

It's you that will ask stupid questions. Mtchew.

"Mm-hmm?" Oluchi's recognizable voice hummed and I turned to see her and Tayo finally returning with their foods.

"What?" I inquired.

"Nothing o." Oluchi said as she sat down beside Tayo.

"As your big brother," Tayo began and cleared his throat. "I advice you stay single like me. Boys and books don't go together."