Chapter 3: Lucy

What had just happened? Did we just kiss?

My lips touching Niall's lips. His scent. The scent of his jacket. Amazing.

Why had I told him what had happened? We barely met. How could I trust him just like that?

Niall's lips were still touching mine. I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed there. I know it was dumb, but hadn't kissed anyone before, so I was surprised when his lips smashed into mine.

We pulled away. I looked into his eyes, and he looked into mine. His blue eyes, his blue eyes were just so...blue. It made you want to look into them forever, but they were a bit intimidating at times. Just totally amazing blue eyes.

I thanked him for listening. Then I saw them. There. I asked Niall if we could leave. Thankfully, he said yes.

We were in his car. I had made up my mind that I didn't want to go back home. That's when Niall asked, "Where. Do you want to go now?"

"Well I am not going to feel safe at my house so...I don't know. Where do you want to go?"

"Do you want to go to the park?"

"No. I'm not in the mood for going to the park. Besides, it's too dangerous."

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Where?"

"I don't know. Wherever you want."

"What are the options?"

"We could go to a movie theater, or we could rent some movies and watch them somewhere."

"Watch them somewhere, as in..."

"A friends house."

"A friends house?"

"Or....my...apartment. "

Silence.

"If you want. Right? I'm not going to force you or anything."

"Um...ok."

"But where are you going stay if you don't want to go home?"

"I don't know. I'll find a job, and rent an apartment."

"I will look for an apartment and buy it for you."

I was like, WHAT? "Uh...no no. It's ok. I can do it on my own."

"You are my friend, and I am worried about you. Besides, where are you going to live while you save that money. Apartments here are over 200 dollars. And that is a one room, one bathroom, in a very dangerous area, with gangsters. Then, you have to get employed. If you are lucky, they will pay you eight to ten dollars per hour. If not, six to eight dollars per hour. Either way, it's going to take you a lot of time to earn that money. You will be homeless until then."

Looking at the way he put it, he was right. But I couldn't let him spend thousands of dollars on me. "Um..."

"An easier way to do it, is to stay with a friend and save up the money. Then when you have the money, you can move into your new apartment."

"I know this sound ridiculous, but the only friend I have is you..."

"But...how could people ignore you? You are a very nice person. You don't deserve this. It's ok, I'll let you stay."

"No. It's okay, I'll find a way. I can do this..."

"I won't leave you alone. I am your friend, as I said earlier, and I won't leave to suffer alone. I'm worried about you. You can stay at my apartment. Don't worry, you won't be the only girl."

I was starting to develop feelings for Niall. He had kissed me. Now he's telling me that he had a girlfriend? What kind of guy was he? But something told me I should ask him something... "Who is it?"

"It's my mom."

Sigh of relief. "Oh ok."

"My mom is very good at giving girl tips. If you have a problem, you can ask her. Or my cousin. She lives like two apartments away. In the same building."

Ugh...Niall was amazing! "Ok."

"If you want, later we can go to the jail building thing," I laughed, "and we could tell them about your dad."

"Ok." I was nervous. Not because I was going that "jail building thing," as Niall put it, but because I was afraid I would fall into a trap. In novelas, there were always cases where people acted to be other people, so they could trick people into giving them their money and everything else. Niall had already kissed me, and I didn't know how he felt because of that. What if he was exactly like my dad? Then again, his hug and kiss felt real. He had listened to me. His eyes had gotten watery while I was telling him my story. He might be the friend I have been looking for the whole time.

"Are you ok?"

I think he saw how nervous I was. "Yeah." I lied.

. . .

He took me to his apartment. It was more like a mansion. It was huge. It was a two story house, apartment thing. The living room was the size of my house. The kitchen was half the size of my house, and it had three dining rooms. Upstairs, there were five rooms. Each were the size of like three-fourths of my house, with a bathroom and a closet each. The closets were like the size of an average middle school classroom. The bathrooms were half the size of that. Wow. Amazing house.

I felt like I had to be careful because I felt like I was going to stain the white marble surrounding the walls and furniture. It was so amazing. It felt happy and bright, not colorful, but bright.

His mom, ugh, she was the nicest person EVER! No wonder Niall was this sweet. I was expecting a face from her or something, but when Niall told her that I had been bullied, which wasn't EXACTLY true, and that I had problems at my house, she quickly hugged me and asked the servant, yes, the servant, to prepare a room for me.

Let me tell you the truth. I was expecting Niall to be a middle class person, you know, not that rich, but not poor either. Just because he didn't wear bright jewlery, and he didn't wear leather jackets and all that. I wasn't expecting him to be rich, or come from a rich family. He showed that he was indepent, but why was he living with his mother then?

"I can't stay away from my mother. She is the best. I can't make her buy things for me. Whenever we go shopping and she sees something that she wants, either for me or the servant or her, I always buy it. My mom isn't the rich one, I am." He is such a...ugh...he is so, SO nice. I swear. It just makes me fall for him even more.

Anyways, his mother wanted to talk to me before she took their servant-which I later learned was named after Athena's Roman name, Minerva-shopping. She was Latina, but her parents didn't really take the time to teach her Spanish, so she learned when she was 10, she was barely learning the basics, like how "q-u" doesn't always sound like "q-u" in, for example quilt, instead, it sounded more like kilt, without the "u" sound.

His mother took me into "my" room. She asked me questions such as

"What do you think of my son?"

"How did you guys meet?"

"Are you developing...feelings...for Niall?"

"Do you trust me and Niall? If you do, how much?"

"What happened that Niall decided to bring you here?"

Suddenly, my great thoughts for Niall's mom, weren't so great. She seemed over-protective of him. Like one of those moms whose like, "You bitch are stealing my son. He is mine." Or like when the son is dead, "If you actually loved him, do not fall in love with another guy." And then when you fall in love with another guy, "Bitch get the hell out of my life! You didn't love my son!" That's what she seemed like. I mean, she was still nice, but she wanted to know everything about me. Niall, on the other hand, didn't push me as much to tell him what had happened that day in my life. Yes that's how I felt about both of them.

Is it that obvious that I am falling in love with Niall, aside the fact that I only met him yesterday?