Chapter 16: Minerva

The tragedy happened.

Once the huge crowd came running into the mall, I left with America. Lucy and Niall left a different way.

We were walking through the crowd, trying to not bump into anyone, when I felt a hand on my mouth.

Someone dragged me over to under a table. I looked next to me and saw that it was America. Her eyes held fear and tears.

I asked in a whisper, "What's wrong?"

"I saw...them." She said like she was in a trance.

"Who?"

She turned like she finally realized what was going on. "N-no, no one. Nevermind."

"Is it someone bad?"

"No. No, it's just...nevermind."

"One of your family members?"

She looked down. "My..." Her voice cracked. "My parents."

"Oh." She looked so sad and disoriented, that I almost regretted asking, but we had to keep on moving.

She looked back at me with a more determined look. "I'll tell you all about it later. Lets go. That way." She pointed behind me.

We got up from under the table and started walking again.

That wasn't the tragedy. I'm not that exagerated.

We started walking until we reached the closest bathroom. We stopped at the drinkinng fountain. She looked out the hallway and then looked back at me. She put a finger to her mouth, signaling me to be quiet. She looked worried.

That's when part of the tragedy happened. 

I saw a black thing rested on her neck, pointing at the wall.

The black thing was round at the bottom half. Then, once it reached the top half it looked like a circle inside a square.

I realized it was and my eyes widened immediately. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. As another reaction, I ran to hug the wall.

I saw her eyebrows knit, with a super confused look, probably wondering if I had gone crazy. She turned, and I saw her mouth open. She made an attempt to scream, but it came out like a choked scream. Finally, she ran towards me.

She also hugged the wall, and when the gun dissapeared, we looked at each other. 

I could tell that she was scared out of her mind. You could tell just by looking at her eyes. Even the dumbest person on earth could see that she was scared.

I had met this girl three times before this, and it was really hard to tell what she was feeling. For her to show her fear easily, that must've meant she was really scared. 

Sadly for us, the gun showed up again. We both yelped and got closer to each other, touching arms, and with our heads down.

I looked up and saw the gun elongating. I shut my eyes tight and started praying.

Then, I felt arms wrapping around me. That sounds weird, I know, but it was America trying to, I don't know what she was thinking. Don't judge, but at this moment, all that I cared about was getting out of there, and feeling safe, so I hugged her back.

We hugged each other and crouched down. I don't know about her, but I was closing my eyes shut, and tight. I hugged her tighter and she hugged me tighter. We were breathing hard, obviously scared.

We felt the gun go between our arms.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

If the person shot, we'd be dead, and if we didn't die, we wouldn't be left with anything, if you know what I mean.