Chapter 22: Minerva

After a few days of trying to convince Lucy that she was important, we decided to go shopping. Lucy didn't want to go to college just yet because of what had happened to her. Let me tell you, it was bad. Worst than my days of being bullied.

Anyways, we wnt shopping at Walmart first and shopped for makeup. Well, at least I did, I had to prepare for my YouTube channel.

We were in the makeup section and I was telling Lucy what everything was for. I grabbed the L'Oreal Magic Lummi Light Infusing Primer and told her, "You put this on before all your makeup. It will help your makeup last longer and this one in particular will give you a glow." She looked depressed but she smiled.

"So I just put that on and then I put on my makeup?"

"Yeah, but not right away or else it will defeat the purpose and your makeup will slip and slide."

"How much more is there to learn about this thing in particular?"

"A lot. Like, there's many different types of these, for different types of skin types. Some help your fine lines and pores kind of blur so they aren't noticeable. Others help keep oily people dry. And others are like this one that make dry people glowy."

"Oh. And then what do you do afterwards?"

Hey, don't judge me, she asked me to tell her everything about makeup. "You move onto foundation." I took her to the foundation section and picked out two different L'Oreal ones. "This one is for oily skin. It keeps the oils back and it won't make you look like a grease chicken." I showed her the original L'Oreal True Match foundation. "This other one is for dry skin because it makes you look glowy and healthy and hydrated in the most positive way. You know? It will also help you not look like your skin is tight and pulled back. Make sense?" I asked her showing her the True Match Lumi.

She nodded. "And which one would you perfer to use?"

"The original one. The one that makes me look matte because as an old person, I don't want to look younger than what I am."

"You aren't old."

"Yeah I am and that's why I choose this other one."

"Oh. And then what would you do next?"

"Conceal my panda eyes. But there aren't any drugstore concealers, in my opinion, that work for me. But come on, I'll show you which ones I perfer." I took her to the Maybelline section and showed her the three different concealers. "This one is the Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Corrector. It is for like around your nose and it helps even out your skin tone. This other one is the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles and it conceals the dark circles. Um, and this other one is the Maybeline Fit Me Concealer and it is also for dark circles. There are other purposes for concealer. For example, you can use a lighter one for highlighting your face and bringing out certain features. You can use a lighter one to help frame your face and contour. That will just hide certain parts of your face that you don't like. If you feel your nose is too big, you can draw dark lines . . . . Anyways I'll show you later because it is complicated to explain everything. "

I looked at her and she nodded. "Okay. And then what?"

"Powder to set everything. And help your makeup last longer."

"Lucy." We heard a thick voice saying. I could tell she also heard because she looked around confused.

"I . . . don't think it was Niall." I said nervously.

"No, no it wasn't." She sounded so shaken up and nervous. I felt bad for her. "What . . . what if they were calling a different . . . Lucy?" She asked hopefully.

"I don't know. But we have to get out of here. Even though I didn't finish my presentation."

I went over to put the things back when Lucy grabbed my arm and said, "Hide!"

She sounded so scared I got worried and I hid. She was breathing hard and her eyes were filled with fear. I don't know what she had seen, but if it scared her, it scared me.

She looked around and said, "Okay, let's go."

"Wait! What did you see? Why did you tell me to hide?"

"Um because-"

"LUCY!"

She gasped. "Run!"

We ran and we ran until we reached the bathrooms. Lucy yelped in pain. I turned around and saw an old man pulling her hair. Lucy's eyes were shut tight, but I could see tears.

The dude said in Spanish, "Now you won't get away. You will pay for leaving the house."

Lucy cried some more and the dude pulled her hair even more. "Shut up! Stop being the stupid cry baby. Grow up already! You don't know what I would've given to have had a son rather than a daughter."

This meant trouble.

I stepped forward and told him, in Spanish, "Don't hurt her! She doesn't want to go back with you. Leave her alone!"

He turned his full attention to me. "Who are you?"

"None of your business! Now go away!"

He stared at me for a long, long time. It made me uncomfortable, but at least he let go of Lucy. I would've yelled at her to run away, but I didn't know if this dude had a gun. That would be very bad.

"No. No it can't be. No. No. No. NO!!!!"

_________________________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this part of my story! Who do you think it is? Comment below!