Chapter 2: Niall

Wow. That girl. Lucy. Best night ever. We barely met, yet I feel like she is someone I should keep talking to.

She is gorgeous. She has brown eyes, like dark brown eyes. Straight brown hair that's almost black. She smelled like peppermint and hot chocolate, but she also smelled fruity.

I wasn't lying when I told her I wanted to help her if she ever got bullied. I will.

I dropped her off at her house, and told her I wanted to see her again, but she smiled and left. Does she think I am a criminal? Well, maybe I am. I might've stolen her heart. Just kidding. But why was she scared of me. Did I go to far? I just wanted to help.

Anyways, the next day I decided to wait for her where I dropped her off last night. I don't know why, but I had the urge to see her again. I guess its because she was so pretty, I was already attracted to her.

When she came out of her house, she was crying. She hadn't seen me. She sat down on the steps leading to the porch. I decided to get closer. It might have been a huge mistake, but I was really worried, and I wanted to help her.

She looked up. She wiped her tears away quickly. I asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Why was she giving me attitude? Did I do something to her, or was she just mad that I had arrived without warning? "You were crying. Well, you kind of still are."

She looked at me with big, sad, brown eyes. "Its a personal problem." And she looked away.

"Your parents right?"

"N-n...Yes." She looked down, about to break.

Let's be real, I felt really bad for her. I had experienced bullying, but not parents fighting, or child abuse or anything similar. "What happened?" I wanted to kill myself right now. Why had I opened my big mouth?

"Can we go somewhere else?"

"Yeah. Ok."

. . .

We decided to go to the mall. Yes. The mall.

"My...parents...well...my dad...he...was drunk. ... He came home at around five A.M. and he started yelling, calling for my mom." A tear rolled down her face. "She came out, not knowing what was going to happen, or what was happening. My dad's yelling woke me up, so I got out of bed, opened the door a bit, and looked through the gap. I...I saw my mom getting closer to my dad to greet him. And...I...I...I..." She broke into tears. She cried so much she wanted to make me cry too. "I...saw my dad grabbing a stick behind him, and...and... he...he hit my mom...on the arm. My...mom screamed. She looked confused. I...wanted to go over there, but I was afraid he would hit me too. Then my mom went to her room. My dad followed after her. I was too in shock to react in time. My dad saw the door opened. I knew I was going to get beat up too. My dad...went into my room." Two more tears rolled down her face. "My...dad...went....into my room." She started crying hard. She leaned on my shoulder. I couldn't help but wrap my arm around her waist, and with my other hand I wiped away the tears on the right side of her face.

"It's ok. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

She kept crying. She cried so much, my eyes got watery. Then she looked up. She whispered, "My dad went into my room and tried to sexually abuse me. But...he got too tired and fell asleep. Then, in the morning, when he woke up, he tried to get into the shower with me." She broke into more tears. She leaned against my chest. I didn't know exactly how she felt, but I knew I had to make her trust me so much, so I could help her. I knew it was some sort of child abuse. "Niall. I can't trust anyone anymore. I am alone."

"What about your mom."

She shook her head. "No. She left right after my dad had hit her. She ignored all the yelling in my room. She didn't care about me. She knew my dad was in my room. She knew he was hitting me, and another bad thing was going on, but she cared too much about herself, and...she left."

She looked up. This time, her nose touched mine. Somehow, we had gotten closer. I could smell her minty, chocolatey, warm breath. Her eyes met mine. I made a slight accident of looking at her lips. Then I made another mistake of getting closer. I met her eyes again. She got a bit closer, and then I did. Then...then...then

We.

Kissed.

No. It wasn't just a peck. It wasn't a make out session either. It was more like a "lip-lock" sort of thing. I was holding the bottom of her jaw line, and my other hand was wrapped around her waist. This was a great moment, and I bet she also felt butterflies in her tummy. I could tell Lucy didn't know how to kiss because her lips weren't moving. I felt bad for taking away the chance of a beautiful first kiss. Here I was, kissing her after she had told me something tragic. After she had told me she didn't trust anyone anymore. Yes, I did feel really bad for her. The moment she told me her dad had tried to sexually abuse her, I had to resist the urge of going and punching him. Right now, I was a complete stranger to her, and here I was, kissing her.

Then the kiss ended. Sadly. We were an inch away. I was looking down at her lips. Her eyes were still closed. Her breathing got harder. I wiped away some tears that were left on her face. She looked up at me with eyes that told me she was grateful for the kiss, but that the kiss wasn't going to change any of her bad luck. I wanted to kiss her again. But what if she thought that I wasn't interested in her stories and I was just with her for her looks and kisses.

Naw dude. That's a "what if." She won't think that of you.

Yes she will. You have been with her long enough to read her emotions.

SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU! Lets not risk it.

Anyways. She was so close. Then she pulled away. I was expecting a slap, or yelling, but she just looked at me, and then leaned on my shoulder. I hugged her tight, letting her know that I would be there with her as long as she needed me to.

Minutes passed. Then she sat up straight. I wrapped my arm around her waist wanting to hug her again, but something told me I was going to look mean and "abusive."

She looked at me. Her eyes, are just so stunning. I couldn't stop looking at them. We held eye contact for a while. Then she looked down, and I felt horrible not being able to look at her eyes. She said, "Thanks for listening." She looked at me again with big sad eyes. Then she looked away past my shoulder. She looked into the distance, then her eyes got wide. "Niall. Lets go. Please."

I didn't need to look past my shoulder to realize they were some kids from her school. I said, "It's alright. They won't do anything. Lets go."

I walked next to her wanting to wrap my arm around her to make her feel safe.