Chapter 17: Lucy

Even before I had woken up, I realized that my whole leg hurt, and even more than the rest of my body.

It was pain, like real pain. It felt like a ton of bricks were on top of my whole leg, but those bricks had needles sticking to my leg, impaled, and no one could remove them.

Right then, I knew that I hadn't just broken a bone, I had damaged my whole leg, and probably part of my hips, and maybe even the whole left side of my body.

Yeah, it was bad.

I slowly opened my eyes. Suddenly, a burst of whiteness blinded me.

It took me a while to realize what was going on.

Some of the things I realized was: my whole body hurt, I was in a super bright room, and the room was silent.

Once my eyes adjusted to the bright new lighting, I started to look around.

The room I was in looked familiar. It had a light on top of that wood thing at the head of the bed. On the two sides of the large light, there were thin, gray, poles. There was a large window almost right in front of me. It was pretty spacious and plain, nothing special.

Just then, I hears the door open. I looked over to my right, and saw this woman with a plasticy-loooking blue t-shirt. The pants were also blue, and made of the same material. Her silky brown hair was tied in a bun. She had a stethoscope around the back of her neck, the two ends hanging at the sides.

Right then, I knew where I was. The hospital. But why?

She entered and smiled, but her eyes were focused on something or someone else.

I turned my head, ignoring the rapid, excruciating pain. I saw a familiar thing of blonde hair. Then, I saw a familiar pair of blue-green eyes.

Happiness overwhelmed me. It was Niall, supporting me and being with me while I was in the hospital.

Isn't he amazing?

He saw me looking and smiled at me.

His smile, I swear, just made anyone want to laugh and smile along with him. That means that, yes, I did smile back. But even smiling hurt, so my smile faded faster than I wanted it to.

The nurse asked, "How are you feeling?"

I tried to answer, but my throat felt dry and closed up.

I cleared my throat but that wasn't enough.

Instead, I made a 'thumbs up' sign.

Niall stood up and went over to my bed. He stroked my forehead with his thumb and asked, "Do you need water?"

I smiled a bit and nodded.

He laughed with that wonderful laugh of his. He asked the nurse, "Can I have a cup of water? No ice, please."

She smiled and left the room.

Niall stared into my eyes. All of a sudden, I fetl like a million butterflies exploded in my stomach.

I tried to smile but it hurt, so I just stared back at him.

He smiled softly and I just had to smile, even though it hurt.

Then he did something unexpected.

He leaned closer to me and grabbed the other side of my face.

He asked gently, "Does it hurt to smile?"

Lets be real, Niall is adorable.

To be honest, I thought he was going to kiss me. Instead, he asked about my smile.

How adorable is he?

Back to the story.

To answer his question, I nodded.

I mean, what else could I do? I wasn't going throw a fit or have a seizure to answer all his questions, so just deal with it like I had to deal with it.

After I answered, he smiled.

Would he just stop doing that? It hurt to smile, and seeing him smile was making it even more tempting for me to smile. I already had a lot of pain going on throughout the rest of my body.

The nurse returned with a cup of water in her hand. She looked up and smiled.

That just made me wonder: are all nurses this happy and smiley?

But that isn't important.

The nurse left it on that rolly tray-like table. She scooted the table closer to me and pressed a button to make the bed lift up.

I quickly grabbed the cup and chugged it down. Hey, don't judge. I was thirsty. No, not that way, dirty-minded thinkers.

I looked at the nurse and said, "More."

She smiled and said, "Alright." She grabbed the cup and started to leave. She turned back and said, "I don't want to sound sacastic, but would you rather have one of those big gallons of water?'

"Yes, please."

Niall and her both laughed. The nurse replied, "Alright. I will be back in a few seconds."

"Alright."

I looked back at Niall and asked, "Are all nurses this smiley?"

"I don't know, but it's a good thing she's being nice, and not a son of a . . . you know what I mean?"

I laughed and nodded. "Yeah. I know what you mean. Hey Niall, what exactly happened that caused me to be in the hospital?"

"We were escaping another car accident, and then you tripped. At first I thought that you had just broken a bone or something simple, but then you passed out."

"Yeah, I don't think it was just a broken bone. It was worse." I sighed a big and heavy sigh. "Did the car run over me?"

"Nope, we escaped, again. And thankfully."

All I could do was smile and nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are the stories for today!

TWO published parts in one day.

Goodnight everyone! :)