Chapter 8: Lucy

Tonight was fun. I had fun talking with Niall and Minerva. They listened, and when I cried they cried and they hugged me. These two were my only friends. We talked about my childhood and everything bad that had happened. The whole time I was crying and I just couldn't seem to figure how my body could store so much tears inside it. Then we started talking about Minerva and her childhood. It wasn't as bad as mine, but she cried a bit. Then we went onto Niall's life. He told us how he got bullied and why. And after that, we joked around to shake off the negative thoughts. We laughed until our stomach hurt and we all needed to go to the bathroom. I had never laughed this hard ever in my life. Oh and I case you are wondering, Niall's laugh was the cutest, Minerva's was the loudest, and mine was in between.

Niall's mom came in around 2:48 am and she told us to be quiet. The weird thing was that she gave me a dirty look and then she left. What had I done to her? As far as I know, nothing.

Of course, I had to go to school the next day, but I didn't want to. I knew I had to impress Niall's mom, so she could like me, but I didn't want to go.

We stayed up until 3:00 am, and we all slept with our dress clothes on. It was uncomfortable, but that didn't matter because we were so tired, we fell asleep right away.

In the morning, Minerva woke me up and said it was 6:42 am. Only three hours of sleep. I didn't want to go to school. I would have to see Monica again after that fight. Oh well, only three days left of school and...today is the test! I didn't study at all during the weekend. I am sure I am going to be falling asleep during the test. I am going to fail and not be able to graduate and not be able to go to college! I am a total fail. As always.

When I got to school, the first person I saw, of course with my luck, was Monica. Well all the bullies really, but she was the only one looking at me with a look of hate. I decided to go to my first class. There was still ten minutes and I could get five minutes of sleep and five minutes of study. Let's hope this works. Besides, I drank a cup of coffee. Minerva suggested it.

I got to my class,and put my head down. I thought of Niall's kiss. Then I opened my eyes, and saw Monica's big ugly face. I jumped back surprised, and I think I screamed. I mean just imagine a badly beat up dragon. That's how ugly she was. When I woke up, I felt great, filled with energy enough to pass the test just not beat up Monica.

"Wake up bitch! We have to talk!"

"What if I don't want to?"

"Don't give me that shitty attitude! You owe me a fight!"

"No I don't."

"That's what you think. I hate you for what you did yesterday."

"I didn't do anything. You came up with all those ideas."

America said, "You guys, don't fight. We don't want to get in trouble. Besides, I didn't see her flirting with higher boyfriend. If you say a guy defended her, they're probably going out. There's nothing to worry about."

Monica replied, "Are you on our side, or her side?"

"I never said anything about sides. I am just saying there's no point in fighting if we are going to get in trouble."

"Just because you are the leader, if not-"

"Calm down."

I wonder why America was defending me. She was supposed to be an "example" which meant she was supposed to be meaner. It didn't make sense.

Anyways, the day went by and I almost fell asleep during the test, but I passed by a Starbucks and got a Cappuccino. It needed a lot of sugar, but at least it helped me stay awake.