Seventeen.

After staying up half the night drinking with Hayley, Tyler and Chris, we had come up with a plan to distract Klaus when he came back. Chris had gotten a text message from Klaus telling him what time to be prepared for him to arrive.

Then, Tyler and I had gone to bed together, drunk and happy.

In the morning we walk downstairs hand in hand, and see Chris pouring Hayley another shot. A couple other hybrids relax on the couch.

"Your still going?" Tyler asks disbelieving.

My eyebrow lifts in her direction and I do my best not to smile.

"I drank enough last night. And then I slept, which is what you guys should have done." Tyler continues to talk as we step into the sitting room.

"We're just paying our respects to Dean." Chris says.

"That's great, Chris. But, could you pay em at a bar instead?" Tyler retorts.

"Don't be mad." Hayley says and walks across the room towards us. "We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend."

She pushes her shot glass up to Tyler's lips and forces him to take it. He leans forward and tries to grab it but some of the liquor spills into his mouth and down his chin. I sigh loudly. She smirks and wipes off his chin with her thumb. Then she places her thumb into her own mouth and licks it clean. I purse my lips angrily and glare at her. She grins coyly.

We hear footsteps behind us, right on schedule.

"Well, don't let me interrupt." Klaus says.

Tyler turns around and releases my hand. "I didn't know you were here."

Klaus gets in his face. "Clearly."

He moves past Tyler and drinks from a bottle of whiskey.

"Hello, little wolf. I see you've met our friend, Hayley."

I purse my lips and cross my arms. "Klaus."

"You know I just popped round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet, when I arrived I learned that not only was Dean unsuccessfull, but that Elena killed the hunter." Klaus says as he moves his bottle around.

Hayley moves to stand on Tyler's other side.

"Well, maybe if you would have let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." She glares at him.

"Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl." Klaus replies.

"What do you care if Connor's dead, anyway?" Tyler asks.

Klaus grins. "I have my reasons. That have ceased to matter. Cheers." He drinks from his bottle again.

There's a knock at the door and we all turn to look. Tyler sighs and moves to answer the door.

Caroline steps inside carrying a box.

"I brought your stuff. Old laptop, your Jersey, the charm bracelet." She says irritatingly.

"Care... this isn't a good time." Tyler says.

I groan and glare at her as she pushes the box into his arms.

"Just take it."

He sighs and sets the box down on a table.

"Caroline." Klaus places his bottle down and walks towards her.

I share a quick glance with Hayley as we watch the scene before us.

"By the breakup drama unfolding before me, I assume you know about Tyler's little harem of werewolf girls."