Eighteen.

When we finally arrive at wherever I'm being taken, I'm dropped roughly down onto the ground and glance at my surroundings. We're in the abandoned barn where the hybrids have been unsired. I had only been there a couple times with Hayley and Tyler.

"Kim, what are you doing?" I ask her.

"It's nothing personal, Devon." She says as she knocks me out.

When I come to, pain blossoms out of my nose and my eyes shoot open. I've been chained to the wall and blood is dripping down my face. Kim kneels in front of me scowling.

"Why are you doing this?" I cry out as she tightens the chains and it almost breaks my wrist.

"To show Tyler who's in charge." She replies and pulls on the chain again.

I cry out even louder.

Tyler and Elena rush inside.

"Stop! Stop this! Kim, Devon's with us. We're all on the same team." Tyler says.

"She's on your team. Not mine." Kim replies and stands up.

The rest of the hybrids walk into the barn behind them. Two of them attack Tyler and hold him back as another one grabs ahold of Elena. Kim leans back down and starts to break my fingers. I scream out in pain and Tyler starts to shout.

"Stop it! Stop!"

"Ease up, Kim." Adrian says. "I thought you were just going to send a message."

"That's a very good point." Kim replies sarcastically. "Tyler, what do you think about this? Do you think Klaus would be happy or hurt if I broke his ex-favorite hybrid?"

She reaches behind her back and picks up a wicked looking silver knife. I start to whimper as she turns towards me.

"Kim! Don't do it! I swear to God!" Tyler cries out.

Kim only smirks as she brings the knife closer.

"No! Wait! Wait! Wait!" Elena interrupts. "You really want to hurt Klaus then torture me instead. He hates Devon. He's fixated on keeping me alive. You want real revenge or not?"

I look between Elena and Kim. After a tense few moments, Kim stands up. I sigh in relief and look at Tyler. Kim walks over to Elena and scratches her roughly. Tyler gets free and vamp speeds over to Kim. Then, he shoves his hand into her chest. She gasps and her eyes go wide. The hybrids start to advance on Tyler.

"Stay back! All of you! Or I'll rip her heart out right now!" He turns back to glare at Kim with the most abhorrent look on his face. "Kim put you all at risk today. But, I'm not gonna hurt her. I'm not Klaus. I don't kill and torture my own friends to get what I want. Now, we broke the sire bond but, you wanna be free, we have to work together. No one can step outta line. Now your either with me, or against me. Submit. Submit or you die."

Tyler brings Kim down to her knees with him as he squeezes her heart. She whimpers a few times before speaking.

"I'm sorry."

Tyler releases her and leans back. She gasps for breath and he rises to his feet before glaring at every last hybrid in the room. They all start to kneel before him and I gape at the scene before me.

 They all start to kneel before him and I gape at the scene before me