Twenty Seven.

Snacks and drinks finally set out to the demanding queen Caroline's liking, I closed my eyes and leaned against the kitchen island. There was no way I was making it through this party. I had yawned at least ten times in the last thirty minutes alone. And, I desperately wanted to take my heels off.

"Devon!" Caroline's voice called loudly from the other room.

I sighed and sagged down onto the granite countertop. Does she ever stop?

"Devon! I need your help with these bags!" She called again.

"More bags?" I called back and headed out of the kitchen, my prom dress swishing against my legs. "I thought you said it was just our friends. Last I checked, we had more than enough food here to feed Matt, Bonnie, Katie and I for a week. How much more do you need for one night?"

"Quit complaining and just come here." She replied impatiently as I joined her in the foyer.

That's when I noticed she only had two brown paper bags in her arms. I frowned in irritation.

"Caroline, even a human could handle that easily. You don't need my help." I crossed my arms and tilted my head at her.

Pursing her lips into a mischievous grin, she nodded at me. "You're right. But, he might need some help."

At my obvious confusion, she smiled widely and turned to the side revealing Tyler completely decked out in a black suit and tie holding a bouquet of red, black and white roses. My jaw dropped and my heart started beating out of my chest at the sight of him.

"Tyler?" My voice cracked as I whispered his name.

He smiled so widely as his dark eyes lit up and even from ten feet away I could feel his love for me engulfing my soul.

"I don't think I've ever seen you look more beautiful than you do right now." He said breathlessly.

"Holy shit." I rushed over to him as he held his arms out.

As soon as I threw my arms around his solid shoulders, he wrapped me up in his strong arms. It finally felt like I was home. Breathlessly, my eyes filled up with tears and I placed my hand on the back of his head as I leaned out to look at his handsome face. His firm hands slid down my bare back to rest on my hips.

Overwhelmed with happiness, our lips met instinctively and we kissed with passion.

But after a moment, reality set back in and I pulled away from him.

"Ty, what are you doing? You promised you wouldn't come back here. Klaus is out there and..." I couldn't help but panic.

He shook his head at me. "He can't get in. Matt owns this place now. He even had to invite me inside."

"But, if he finds out, it's all over. And, I can't lose you." I reply. Especially now, not ever.

"He won't." He places his hand tenderly on my cheek. "He won't. It's okay."

"You're welcome." Caroline interjects happily.

Tyler and I glanced over at her.

"Thank you, Caroline." Tyler drops his hand from my face and returns her smile.

"You two planned this?" I smirk at them.

"Someone had to harass you enough to make sure you came home." She replied matter of factly.

"And, she's the only one who gets under your skin. I wanted to surprise you." Tyler nods. "Besides, she probably would have murdered us both in our sleep if we missed prom completely."