Chapter 9

Y/n POV :

I woke up to my arms slung around his body lazily I sat up quickly and tried to ignore him as I went into the bathroom to get changed and get ready for work .

I looked to my phone as I started to ring on the counter next to me .
" y/n works not on today sorry ."
" wait what? Why I need the money this week ."
" we've gone bankrupt we haven't had enough to pay the rent for the place and nobody's buying stuff anymore . I don't know if we will re open ."
I sat there in shock ." Oh ok , cya round then" I put the phone down and immediately checked my bank balance on my phone .
$50.75
That's all I had left to last me however long , I need to find a new job but until then I have no idea what to do .
" for god sake ! Stupid bloke how does he not have enough cash to pay the bloody rent ." I said as I gritted my teeth and went back to my room .
" what's up luv ?" I looked up to see murdoc sitting facing me on my bed , his hair spiky from sleeping .
" nothing it's fine , did you want a drink ?" He didn't answer and stared waiting for a response .
" My boss went bankrupt so I have no job and $50 to last me till i get another job , life's going brilliant luv ." I face planted into the bed and groaned in annoyance .

I sat  up and hugged him he hugged back and patted my back .
" it's ok luv I can help , I've got to get back and record some stuff today but I'll be back later I promise ." I nodded and smiled at him as he got up and waved bye .

I sat up and reached for my laptop as I googled for bars with spots open for live performances, this was a last resort as I hadn't sung infront of people in years but I needed the money .

After a couple of hours and Negotiating I managed to book something in a pub downtown for tonight such  short notice. I smiled kind of exited to perform again , I stood up and looked through my closet for something to wear , I found a short black dress which I would wear with my plain black doc martens.

( a few hours later )
I hopped in the car , a sheet of lyrics of songs which I had written from a couple of months ago and my old bass which I hadn't played forever.As I entered the bar well dressed people at meal tables stared at me obviously judging my clothes but I shook it off and walked up to the stage at The front of the room . I walked behind the curtain and had help from a few people to prepare the stage . I read over all the lyrics before the curtains rolled back revealing me , I felt people's eyes on me but i faced the floor and began to sing ...

Murdoc pov:

We sat at the table with some radio show producer who we were trying to Pay to play the full album on its release , and russel and our agent tried to reason with him I looked around the pub and took a sip of my beer as I heard a soft voice being to sing .
"I was hangin' with you and then I realized
I didn't think it was true.."
I looked up to see y/n to my left on the stage , she faced the floor and looked shy but her voice sounded amazing .noodle nudged me and whispered ." Mudz it's y/n look ." I nodded in response and carried on watching her song , we were at the back in some private booth so I don't think she could see me all too well .

After a few minutes she had finished the song and was preparing to do another one , I guessed this was a way of her getting money now she has no job.
I expected her to sing another soft sounding song but as she was handed a bass guitar and she began to play to the music , I knew what she was going to sing .

Y/n POV :

I waited for the vocals leading up to the main chorus to stop as I began to sing my favourite songs words...
" City's breaking down on a camels back.." I played my bass along to the song , I hadn't played it in years yet I still knew how .

As I finished the song everyone in the room clapped , I was quite flustered but carried in as I had to sing a few more ...
when I had finished all the songs I grabbed my papers and bass and went to the bar to order a shot of vodka to ease my nerves .

" alright luv ." I jumped and turned to my left as I faced murdoc . I smiled and waved .
" heya , how come your here ?" I laughed and faced him .
" just some crappy meetin' , you were great I see you managed to book some gigs ." I nodded and sighed as I picked up my bass .
" I gotta get home , will I see you tomorrow?" He hummed and replied .
" come stay round ours tonight luv , the others loved your singing !" He held my hand and walked me to the rest of the band . I stood there awkwardly twiddling my thumbs as he introduced me . I overheard 2D whisper to murdoc .
" is she the on' from plastic beach ?" Murdoc nodded in response and immediately 2d hugged me .
" heya , rememba me 2D we were kinda friend'z at plastic beach ! " I smiled and nodded as I hugged him back . Murdoc's foot tapped on the ground as 2d released me , he seemed irritated...

I had a nice conversation with Russel on the way back to the house.
"So baby girl heard you knew D and mudz a few years back . What you been up to all these years?" I hesitated to answer and fidgeted in my seat as I felt eyes on me .
" well I've been drinking , crying and writing shitty songs haha." I laughed it off as 2d and Murdoc looked at me with worrisome eyes . As we arrived at the house 2d wanted to show me his melodicas and zombie movies , he showed me to his room as we both sat down to watch a series named the walking dead we laughed and joked around for at least 3 hours before Murdoc burst in the room .
" luv I need ya can you come here ." I nodded and waved to 2d and laughed as I walked out and followed Murdoc to his room .
He sat down on the bed and I sat in the floor next to him looking up to what he had to say .
He sat down next to me and suddenly pinned me to the ground .
" Daddy wants some attention now you naughty girl ." I was taken back yet laughed at his words as his lustful eyes looked upon me .