Chapter 38: Maroon Eyes

So the amazing d-dexio gave me this amazing idea a while ago and I feel horrible because it was so long ago :( my life really took a downfall recently so I lost a lot of inspiration. I looked through my messages and I got really inspired to continue, because I'm sure I lost a lot of readers due to my lack of activity but I still want to continue this. Especially after seeing this amazing idea :)

Now with that sappy intro out of the way, let's get this chapter started~

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(Re cap: Yuma and ONE leave their corrupt agency to be with IA. Yuma and ONE have a bad past, as they were involved in a hitman organization and an evil agency that killed innocent people. Yuma wants to be good because he accidentally got an important agent killed (ONE and IA's mom) and ONE wants to be good because she wants to be like her sister. Caught up? Good!)

IA POV

Thump thump

My eyes fluttered open upon hearing a light knock. It sounded so close, as if ut was on my window.

Thump thump

Out of nowhere, it got a little louder. I looked around my room, curious. What could that be? I'm still half asleep, am I just dreaming? With how dark my room was, I couldn't see anything. The only thing illuminating my room was the ghastly light thar was cast by the full moon outside.

THUMP THUMP THUMP

I jumped when the knock grew much louder. It snapped me into reality. After hopping off my bed, I checked the time on my phone. Damn, it's 1:27 am! For a second, I thought it was someone knocking on my door. But it really sounded like someone knocking on glass. My heart dropped when I saw the shadow of a tall person at my balcony. I could tell it was a guy. The moonlight reflected off my pocket knife, which was on my dresser. I grabbed it and feeling heroic, I stepped towards my balcony. Slowly, I drew the sheer white curtain aside.

"Y- Yuma..?" The guy said in a confused tone.

On the other side of the glass door was a tall boy, probably near my age. His hair was blonde like Rin and Len's, only it was shaggy and passed his sharp jawline. His eyes were maroon and his skin was a pasty ivory, making him seem like a vampire. The moonlight also contributed to his vampire look.

"I'm looking for Yuma and ONE," he repeated.

Oh god... Is he from Yuma and ONE'S previous agency? Crap...

I put on a confused look and opened the glass balcony window. "Yuma? Who's that? And ONE? Weird name!" I tried my best to sound confused amd innocent, but man am I a horrible liar. The look in his deep, red eyes said he didn't believe me.

"Look, I know they're here. Direct me to them."

"They aren't here! Well, I don't know who they are!" Please, never again put me in a situation where I have to lie again.

He sighed. "First, you're clearly lying. Second, I'm gonna level with you; I'm not here to harm them. Quite the contrary, actually. So IA, tell me where they are."

"What... How..."

"I know everyone's name here. Miku, Kaito, Len, Rin, Gumi, Luka, Meiko, Gakupo and Zatsune. Before I come do my business, I do my research," he retorted. "Anyway, I'm YOHIOloid. It's a pleasure to meet Crypton Agency's famous hacker."

"I- I'm still confused. Why are you here?"

He shut the glass door behind him. "I was hired by their previous agency to kill them," I gasped and held up my pocket knife. He scoffed. "Let me finish. Anyway, I'm not actually a hitman. I pretend to be one to protect people. ONE and Yuma are in grave danger if I don't fake their death. Not only are they in danger, but the rest of you are too."