I'm just mumbling (Author's Words)

Thank you so much, if you reach this part of this journey with me.

This trip with Sheena, Ang, James, Drew and Cole was a blast for me. I had never written anything of this length before, and I truly poured my heart and soul into this. 

As you might have guessed, my favorite character in The Darkest Minds is Cole. He is a character filled with so many conflicts and tragic flaws, and it broke my heart when he died in the last book. The bonus chapter was written out of the sole need to have a closure for Cole and all the people that loved him in the original series, and if you love the character like me, I hope you found the same solace I felt when I was writing the chapter.  

To be honest, I understand that Sheena isn't your typical badass YA heroine like Katniss in The Hunger Games or many other protagonists in other The Darkest Minds fanfics, but to me, her personality was exactly what this story needed to make the narrative work. Her ability and her personality sort of mirror each other--her ability helps her heal people's bodies, and her personality helps her mend people's hearts. Also, I think that with so many violence already going on in his life, Cole deserves someone that would bring him some peace. 

Honestly, I feel a little lost right now. I might come up with a sequel--and I have a rough idea for it--but it would take some times. And also I do need to finish my other work. (For readers of Imagine Me and You, I'm so sorry! I promise I will continue on that story.)

Anyway, thank you for going on this journey with me and all of my characters. Feel free to comment and let me know if there's anything you want to know, or what kind of story you would be interested in reading in the future!