Bonus Chapter: I'll Follow the Sun (Cole's POV)

Concurrent with the events in "Please Please Me"

When the afterimage of her black jeep faded, I was still soldered to the ground by her kiss.

  What did she mean by that? Don't forget me. Like I could do that, ever. She is my personal dreams and nightmares.

  If she likes me, why was she in such a hurry to leave? If not, why did she kiss me?

  Dammit. Why does it have to be so encrypted? She said I get to choose if I want her in my life, but she just took off like that. Did she just hate me? Should I just call her? Ahh dammit, she gave me her phone. Oh, shit. She gave me her phone. What if something happens to her on her way back? I should—

  I heard voices buzzing around me—discussions, suppressed deliberately to avoid being heard by someone. And apparently, that someone was me. I looked around, and saw people quickly shifted their line of sight downward when my eyes fell on them.

  Shit. I pulled up the scarf, and headed back into the hotel.

  Back in our room, I found it empty, to my surprise. I sank into the bed which wasn't occupied by a suit case, and tried to wrap my head around the situation.

  Okay. First thing first, I need to call and tell her friends that she is on her way back. I went through the recent call list, and found the number she referred to.

  It was picked up on the first ring. "Sheena?" If I'm not mistaken, this is Ang.

  "No, it's me, Cole." I said, "I'm just calling to say that Sheena is on her way back; she left this phone for me, so I could contact you guys in the future."

  "Okay." Ang said. "I take it that you made it back to your family?"

  I heard some other voices on his end, and he hissed, "It's not her!"

  "Yeah, I'm in Charleston now." I answered. "She should be back in two or three days."

  "Why can't she just give you our number?" Ang asked, which I didn't know how to answer.

  Well, fuck. "It...didn't came to mind." I said. My head was pretty preoccupied by something else at that moment.

  "Alright, then." I heard him sighed. "Thank you for letting us know."

  "Uh, one more thing." I said before he could hang up. "Will you let me know when she got home?"

  There was a silence. "Sure." He said, and hung up.

  Yeah, that went well. I sighed, stuffed the phone into my pocket, and lay back onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

  At least this time, I know she's alive. She'd be hundreds of miles away, but alive and well. And I could always call her if I want to.

  Who am I kidding. Call her? Like that's gonna solve my problems? I have officially never felt so pathetic in my entire life.

  "Oh, you're back." It was Harry. He and Mom and Liam had come back, without Ruby. I sat up, trying to put away my disheveled thoughts.

  "She left?" Harry asked.

  "Yeah." I replied.

  "She's...quite something." He commented. "Too bad she couldn't stay."

  "Mm, hm." I responded absentmindedly. I didn't know what else to say. It's not that she couldn't stay, she just didn't want to. Maybe she just hates me.