Who are you?

"How was your night?" I ask my sister down the phone, only to receive a sigh in return. 

"I am so tired."

"Again?" 

"Oh yeah. Can you remember the time they slept through the night with no problems? I miss those nights."

I smile slightly, feeling bad for the predicament she is in now. "Maybe it's just teething pains? You have just moved to a new house, it could be excitement. We were the same when we moved houses." I reminded her.

"I know, which is why I am cutting them some slack, but Christ on a Cracker, I'm dead on my feet. I thought they had this stage when they were babies. Not 6 years old."

"What's the next step to all this then?"

My sister sighs again. "I have no clue."

My heart went out to her, it really did from the moment she gave birth in hospital and was told not to expect one baby, but two. Throughout 9 months of her pregnancy, one baby hid behind the other, leading to doctors to believe that one large baby was on its way. Instead, my sister gave birth to one healthy 8lb baby girl, which she called Olivia, only to deliver a second baby girl weighing only 3lbs, called Grace. Because she really was a grace from God. 

Whilst Grace was slightly underweight, the little might soon showed her strength and has now grown up to be the boisterous, confident twin, whilst Olivia was shy and timid.

After a rocky marriage, my sister moved to Vegas to be closer to me, especially after our mom decided to do the 'I told you so.

I flocked to her side and helped with the ever growing twins as well as help her move her things into a new house. Giving her endless support because I couldn't imagine how she felt...

Until 2 weeks ago.

When I returned home early from work, feeling sick, only to find my partner in bed with another woman. It was only when I saw the movements in the sheets that I threw up on the floor and on a pile of their clothes. Karma was quick to return, because she grabbed my silk robe to leave the house in after I threw up the third time on her dress. 

Her dress looked like cheap material anyway. 

"How are you holding up?" My sister questions. 

It's my turn to sigh down the phone "Okay, he keeps calling, wanting to apologise, to explain. How do you explain cheating? I'm sorry, I slipped and landed in her lady garden?"

My sister laughs quietly "I'm sorry, I know it's not funny but-"

"It's fine. But seriously, how can you explain yourself out of it?"

"That's exactly the problem. He isn't going to admit he has done wrong, he just wants a chance to push the blame. I know it hurts, Pip. But stay strong."

Hearing her call me Pip, a nickname from our childhood has me smiling. "You two, Squeak."

"Ugh, I hate that."

"But we were always Pip & Squeak."

"One chest infection and I am forever a squeaky toy."

I giggle "You love it. I have to go now, but message me if you need any help with Thing 1 & Thing 2."

"I will. But I'll probably need sleep more than anything. I've tried to wear them out all day, we are sat in the park now, I'm hoping they burn all the energy and just sleep."