Stranger in my home.

Author note: Big shout out to all you readers. I've been suffering with health problems lately and all your kind words on the previous chapter has warmed my soul and made me feel good about myself at a time that I feel pretty cruddy. 

Love to you all!

Now enjoy this curveball ;-)

************

Zak POV

Review days were always long and hectic. There was always something to check, double check, decipher, add, enhance and finally review before we could move onto the next piece of evidence we may or may not have found.

"So this bit here is when I received a response on the puck." Billy says looking over to me. We both stare up at the television screen as it plays the footage, once we have watched it, I sit forward in front of the microphone, preparing for my voice over.

I'd made notes throughout our first viewing of the evidence, whilst Billy wrote down times that we needed to look into further.

With a confirming nod from Billy, I begin my voice over. "As Billy begins to set up the paranormal puck two. He instantly receives a message, without even typing a question..."

Once he nods again, I know that he has caught it and we can move onto the next piece of evidence.

They say team work is dream work and we have found it easier to review the evidence with just us both, rather than have Aaron here too. Although he is part of the team, like Jay, Aaron tends to get bored quickly whilst reviewing and has spent reviewing session upside down on the couch making raspberry noises at Gracie. We had too much reviewing to do that day and after his antics alongside high stress levels, it resulted in an argument. Now it is just me and Billy who reviews it all and Aaron is more than happy to miss out. 

"Okay and here is another." Billy says.

"Based on this sho-" I pause as the doorbell chimes through my home, resulting in Billy hitting the pause button. 

"I'll get it bro. Ready to record again?" He asks handing the laptop over to me. I accept it and delete the audio file before setting up another as he leaves to get the door. 

"Based on this shocking instant response, it's no surprise that it connects with the two faint girl voices we documented earlier." I speak into the microphone before hitting pause. 

I look up from the laptop as Billy re-enters with a woman following behind. My mind lapses from the work mode I set myself in and within a second I remember her name.

"Rachel, hi." I smile getting up. 

"Hi." She smiles looking around my home. "I know I am here unannounced but I was hoping to have a chat with you?" She asks looking between myself and Billy. 

"Um sure." I answer getting ready to leave Billy in the lounge and guide Rachel to the kitchen.
"It's okay bro. I'm gonna shoot off and get some coffee from Starbucks. I won't be long." Billy says shooting me a smirk.

I know what he is thinking and it takes all my strength not to correct him that this isn't a booty call. This is my cleaners boss... 

My cleaner..
Riley.
Is she here about Riley?

"See you in a minute." I reply to Billy, giving him a look I hope he understands.

As he leaves, I gesture for Rachel to the couch and through curtesy, I offer her a drink.