It's who you know.

If there was an 'Oh shit' moment, this would be it. 

I can't deny that I feel some satisfaction for calling Zak out on his little meeting with my bitch of a boss and to see the 'Oh shit' moment happen in his eyes... Satisfying. 

"I can explain." He begins making me lift my hand up to stop his excuses or lies, because let's face it, one of them is coming.

"Not here." I tell him when he pauses. "Avery doesn't know a thing and I'd prefer to keep it that way. I've made a fool out of myself once today, I don't need an audience."

He looks a little impatient to put his story or lies across. "Then when? Where?"

"Someone is bound to recognise you, so nowhere public." I sigh before looking up. "The roof."

"The roof?"

"Mavis has a set up, we can talk up there. Unless you want to wait until.. I don't kno-"

"Roof is fine." He interrupts, marching to the fire escape door and shoving it open. 

Heading up the stairs, we get onto the roof, only to be greeted by Mavis, joint between her fingers, a pair of pink circle glasses on and a flower in her hair. To say this lady was hip, would be an understatement. 

"Good Eveeening!" She beams standing up and putting the joint between her lips to take a puff. 

"Hey Mavis, how are you?"

"Wonderful. Just wonderful. And Hello there, handsome." She answers before grinning at Zak. 

"Evening." He smiles. 

I'm about to suggest to Zak that we do this another time, when Mavis puts out the last bit of the cigarette before floating over to us. I say float in the context of her dress being long and floaty, she may put it in the context of being so high that she feels like she is floating. Mavis gives Zak a hug and a not so sly bicep squeeze before coming over towards me.

"I will leave you both to it. Enjoy the evening." She grins. Her arms bundle me up and I instantly return the warmth back to her. "There's condoms in the tin under the couch." She whispers into my ear. 

My face goes bright red at the thought of her thinking that and the thought of her needing to have the tin up here in the first place. 

"We are only here to talk." I answer her quietly. 

"Make up sex is always the best." She adds back making me want to face palm. 

"Righty-o!" She says out loud, pulling away and letting me go. "Stay safe up here kids." With that, she departs, leaving me shaking my head in disbelief and at her double entendre.

"She thinks we are up here to hook up, doesn't she?" Zak asks amused. 

"Appears so." I respond before gesturing towards the couches.

"How do you think she managed to get them up here?" Zak wonders sitting down on the grey one, whilst I take the other opposite in blue. 

"Don't know. She probably bribed someone along the way."

He nods in agreement, before sitting forward and resting his elbows onto his knees. "Where do you want to start?" He asks, giving me control over this.

It's only a question, but the sentiment means a lot. "Well let's try with the secret meeting with Rachel and how you plan on making me fall in love with you, so that you can break my heart? Sounds like a good start."