Tactical approach.

Zak POV

I was too caught up in the moment, watching Hurricane Riley deal with Rachel to actually consider what her leaving the company might mean. She looked good today, as she did the other day too, when we were talking. 

Her long brown hair was always reflecting the light, as if she had it dipped in gold each morning. It was one of the things I liked about her. It was also something I played with when reading to her, although through her exhaustion from the exorcism, she didn't know. 

So absorbed in watching and admiring her, I didn't realise what she was doing or building up to, until it happened and I was left clutching at moments to get her to stop, so that I could speak with her. Then she was gone, breezing out the way she came, with a weight lifted off her shoulders looking carefree and happy. 

"What a bitch! God damn it!" Rachel snaps slamming her hand on the desk before taking a breath. I watch as she closes her eyes to calm down before the façade of bullshit falls back over her, when she opens her eyes. "Sorry Zak. Would you like to take a seat?" She offers. 

I look at the seat opposite her desk and the pile of t-shirts that have just been left by Riley. Glancing towards the doors, I wonder if she will come back to give one last screw you. I step forward and stand behind the chair instead. 

"How can I help?" 

Ever accommodating. It's the first signs that she is creeping, trying to clutch at straws to keep this from blowing up in her face. But little does she know, it already has and I wasn't here for a social visit. 

"I've just came to cancel the contract." I tell her, causing the smile to wipe from her face almost instantaneously. 

"What? What do you mean?" She asks. 

"As I said. I want to cancel the cleaning contract I have with you." I repeat. 

"But why?"

Now that was a question, one with many answers. I could say it's because she is a lying manipulative piece of work, or that I've had enough of the trouble that has unfolded. But the real reason, and the main one since I've decided this, was because of Riley...

"I think you know the reason why." I tell her in a quiet tone. 

"Because of her? Riley? You're leaving a company that has been cleaning your home all these years, clearing up your mess, because of one woman?!"

This I expected, Rachel to get upset on some kind of level. I, maybe one client, but I paid them a far old whack for cleaning my home and I will probably never get another cleaning company like it. I've never had a build up of allergies since employing them. 

The extra day was so that I could see Riley a little more. The woman with the feather duster and kick ass attitude intrigued me. Probably a little more than she should. 

"I feel that now is the right time, given everything that has happened." I say in a calm and polite tone. 

She glares back at me, if looks could kill, I'd probably be dead right about now. "We have a contract."

So she is going to hang onto that chestnut, huh?

"We do and usually I am one to keep to a contract-"

"Then allow me to assign another cleaner to your home and we can speak no more about this." She insists moving towards her laptop. 

"No." I tell her making her hands stop. "As I was saying, I am usually one to keep to a contract, and I have read the terms and conditions of yours.. However under these circumstances, I feel it's appropriate to cut it short."