Do You Really Think I Can Be A Hero?

The sky was pitch black, the light from the stars and moon blocked out by clouds. Streetlights were nowhere to be seen; everything was dark. And yet somehow, a fairly short teenager managed to find his way quite easily.

Said teenager was wearing a green hoodie and black distressed jeans, with bright red gym shoes poking out from underneath the black denim. He had curly green hair visible from beneath the hood of his sweatshirt, and emerald green eyes that rather matched the hoodie. He was walking down the dark sidewalk with his hands in his pockets, a lost look on his face. Not physically lost; he knew exactly where he was. He was lost in the sense that he didn't know what he should be doing with his life. He had dreamt of being a hero for as long as he could remember, and yet... every day, comeplete strangers told him he was bound to become a villain. Just because of his quirk, something he didn't choose, something he never asked for, something he would never wish upon anyone else, and still something everyone judged him for despite all this --

"DEKU! IS THAT YOU?" A familiar voice yelled from across the street. 'Deku' turned his head slightly to look at the source of the shout.

"Please don't call me that, Kacchan," He practically whispered. Although someone five feet away would've barely been able to hear his statement, 'Kacchan', who was about fifty feet away, heard it loud and clear.

"Right, sorry -- but Zuku -- what the hell are you doing out here?" Katsuki asked as he walked across the empty road.

"Taking a walk. What else?" Izuku replied, his vivid green eyes directed at the hardly visible pavement beneath his feet.

Katsuki reached him, and pulled down the freckled boy's hood, softly asking, "Did someone call you a villain again?"

Izuku smiled sadly in reply. "I can't hide anything from you, can I?"

"I'm surprised you even try at this point!" Katsuki laughed, and grabbed Izuku's arm. "Come on, nerd. Let's get home before mom has an aneurysm."

This made Izuku giggle. Fueled by the adorable smile of his adoptive brother, Katsuki continued to joke about how their mother would react to Izuku being out so late, until both of them were full-out cackling. Before they turned onto the street they lived on, however, Izuku stopped. Katsuki stopped as well, confused.

"Kacchan," Izuku addressed the ash-blonde porcupine. "Do you really think I can be a hero?" Said porcupine was taken aback, and they stood in silence for a moment, the darkness pressing in around them. When he finally answered, he spoke softly. "Of course, Zuku. Don't listen to the people who call you a villain. They're only looking at your quirk, not you. What your power is doesn't matter, it's how you use it that defines you. If an asshole like me can be a hero, you can, too."

Izuku stared up onto Katsuki's crimson eyes with his gorgeous green ones, and slowly responded;

"Curse jar."

With anyone else, Katsuki would have blown up the entire block. He was barely able to restrain himself as he imagined the consequences of such an action  -- and the fact that Izuku had more than enough burn scars from his previous family. It was amazing that despite all the horrible stuff Izuku had to go through, the only thing that bothered him was that everyone thought his quirk was too dangerous to help people. But there wasn't time to think about that.

Katsuki took a deep breath. "Let's go. Entrance exam is tomorrow, remember?"

"Oh yeah!" The relatively short greenette replied. "Don't wanna be late for that -- hurry up, Kacchan!" Izuku started running, and Katsuki ran after him, taking Izuku's statement as a challenge. The two raced the rest of the way home, where Mitsuki, their mother, tackled them (in an affectionate way).

"Get to bed, you two," Mitsuki ordered. "Tomorrow you've got some tests to take and some robots to crush!"

"On it!" Izuku replied enthusiastically, dragging his brother to the bedroom they shared. The Bakugous would have given Izuku one of the guest bedrooms, but both children seemed quite excited about the prospect of bunk beds. Hence, they share Katsuki's room.

As they change into pajamas, Katsuki is reminded of his brother's pure determination to become a hero -- Izuku had trained himself to be as strong as possible, with and without his quirk. If he got in a fight with, say, Eraserhead, and his quirk was rendered unusable, he could still destroy Eraserhead as despite looking and acting like a cinnamon roll who needed protection, he literally had an eight-pack. Katsuki was fit, but not nearly as much so as his brother -- he got frustrated easily, and simply didn't have the patience to take his training to that extent.

"Dude, what if you get your shirt torn off while fighting the robots? Literally all the spectators will get nosebleeds. And I mean all of them. I bet half of them are already gay anyways."

"K-Kacchan! That's so creepy!!" Izuku spluttered, pulling on his pajama shirt as fast as humanly possible.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Katsuki laughed. "But seriously, you could make a homophobe boy-crazy."

"Shut UP!!" Izuku shot back. But he was laughing too; they both collapsed on the floor, shaking in silent laughter, until they heard footsteps coming up the stairs and hurried to turn out the lights.

A/N: Eeeeeeey so I know I put my other thing on hiatus, but that's because I have literally no idea what to write next. I really suck at writing crack fics, which I didn't know before starting that one because I'd never written one. Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with updates for this one cuz I already have a bunch of ideas for it and I'm excited to see if anyone likes it. Later!