RUN!!

Izuku had no idea how he managed to get in this situation.

While he narrowly avoided killing one of his fellow examinees as he ignited robots in purple flame, the freckled greenette had a vague flashback to a particular school day.

"I would pass out these career forms to you guys," The teacher announced, "But I know you all want to be heroes!" He threw the papers into the air as he said this, and the whole class went wild, showing off their variety of quirks. (Izuku just smiled faintly, while Katsuki scoffed.)

"Don't get your hopes up, extras. It'd be a miracle if any of you became a sidekick to some bottom-feeder! I could blast all of you through the wall with my pinkie finger," Katsuki growled to the rest of the class.

"Now, now, settle down," Their teacher said before anyone could protest to Katsuki's musings. "You wanted to go to U.A, right, Bakugou?"

"You better believe it!" Said Bakugou replied, with a menacing grin.

"Oh! And you too, Midoriya?" Izuku cringed, and nodded slowly, waiting. There was a anxiety-filled silence, before the rest of the class (Excluding Katsuki) burst out laughing.

"Do you really think U.A. would let in a villain like you?" One of them shouted. "Keep dreaming, freak! You're a murderer! You can never become a hero!" The teacher attempted to stop the outburst, while Izuku hid his head between his knees. Then, to Izuku's mixed relief and terror, Katsuki quite literally exploded.

"SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU!" He shouted, standing on his desk. "HOW DARE YOU TALK TO SOMEONE LIKE THAT!? IF YOU WERE IN HIS PLACE, WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF A CRIMINAL?"

"Calm down! Please!" Their poor teacher looked like he might pass out; there were way too many people shouting for him to handle. Fortunately, the principal heard the shouting and went to investigate.

"Stop this chaos or so help me I'll make sure none of you get into highschool." The principal didn't yell, but he raised his voice and it resonated throughout the room, causing everyone to freeze. "Now..." He started, walking calmly into the room. "What's going on?"

"Brussel Sprout is trying to get into U.A!" One student laughed, clearly expecting the principal to find this funny.

"Yeah," Another jeered. "He thinks he can be a hero, even with a villain's quirk and a criminal record."

"I-I don't have a criminal record... it-i-it was an -- an accident," Izuku murmured, hiding his face behind his hands. He covered the bandage on the right hand with his left hand, not wanting to give the students proof of his 'villainous' quirk. The principal, however, smiled proudly at the greenette.

"I was hoping you would try out for U.A, Midoriya. I assume young Bakugou will be joining you? Oh, I do hope you are accepted, it will leave such a good imprint on the school." Izuku came back to reality when a boy with dark blue hair sped past him, muttering "That makes 47," Under his breath. Izuku remembered his own current score -- 63 -- and even though he was ahead of this particular examinee, he should probably get to work if he wanted to pass considering it had only been a few minutes.

Izuku dashed off in search of more robots. Around a corner, he saw a group of three-pointers team-tagging a French blonde guy whose quirk appeared to be having drawbacks. Izuku leapt into the air, ripping back the flap on his special fingerless glove (He only has one for his right hand), revealing a nasty scar in the shape of an X on the back of his hand. (Izuku had taken off the bandage earlier when he put on the glove.) He body-slammed one robot into the other one, and they both started glowing a light magenta.

"RUN!!" He yelled at the blonde kid, who didn't need telling twice. Izuku closed his right fist, the scar started glowing the same pinkish purple, and the robots burst into deep purple flames. Izuku kept his fist clenched as he landed, and focused on the warmth he felt inside himself. He urged his heart to beat faster, egging on his body to create more heat. The flames became hotter, hot enough to melt the metal the robots were made of. Once the three-point robots were nothing but red-hot puddles, he ran off to find more.

______________

By the time Izuku paused to take a break, he had 83 villain points. He knew there was probably some sort of point system for rescues -- this was a hero school, after all -- but he wasn't keeping track of how many people he helped and wasn't entirely sure how the rescues were scored, so he focused on the villain points.  Izuku panted as he secured the flap on his glove over the X-shaped scar, struggling to keep his body temperature at a safe level. It's got to be over soon, the freckled teen thought to himself, just as he heard screaming from around a corner.

He went to investigate, and recognised the zero-point robot that was said to be an obstacle -- except it was at least twenty times bigger than he had imagined. It was crashing through buildings, and people were running from it in terror. Izuku then heard a familiar voice cry for help. He looked closer and saw Ururaka, the nice girl from earlier that day. She was caught under some debris, and was directly in the path of the giant robot.

All exhaustion and fear was wiped from his mind. He had to help Ururaka. Being a hero meant putting the safety of others before your own. Izuku had learned that from years of watching news stories about heroes dying in combat, putting everything at risk even if it was to save just one person.

With this in mind, he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. The greenette lunged at the robotic villain, ripping off his glove entirely. Izuku wrapped himself around one of its enormous mechanical legs, and it glowed that pinkish purple. Holding on for dear life as the machine stomped closer to the terrified brunette, he closed his fist.

A/N: Yo yo yo, how'd y'all like the first cliffhanger of the series? If my writing is decent, you're probably dying inside. I know you guys are most likely confused about Izuku's quirk and his said 'criminal record', but don't worry! You will find out in due time. Also, quick clarification so as not to cause confusion in future chapters: Midnight was the one in charge of the entrance exam, meaning she spoke with the kids instead of Present Mic. Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! Later!