YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Izuku gasped in pain. He had never put the death penalty on anything this big before; it took a lot out of him, especially considering he was already experiencing effects of overuse. But he couldn't give up just yet -- the flames weren't hot enough to do any damage, as the gigantic zero-point robot was made of durable metal with a high melting point. Knowing there was no point in holding back, he put everything he had into his deadly purple fire. The freckled greenette was vaguely aware of the robot being obliterated in a magenta-streaked explosion as his senses faded to black.

____________

Katsuki fidgeted restlessly in his chair, waiting outside of the infirmary. Mitsuki and Masaru (his mother and father) sat on either side of him. They didn't know much; all principal Nezu had told them was that Izuku was unconscious due to overuse of his quirk. Katsuki was ready to bust down the door when it opened.

"You can come in now," A short, severely aged female hero said, and before she could continue two ash-blonde pomeranians had pushed past her into the room where Izuku lay. Mitsuki tore back the curtains around his bed as Masaru apologised to Recovery Girl.

"Izuku!" Mitsuki breathed, wide eyes locked onto tired green ones. "Are you all right? What happened?"

"I'm fine, Mitsuki-senpai. I just overdid it a little," Izuku replied, grinning. His voice was raspy; he was clenching his teeth to keep from coughing.

"Izuku. Kittie," Mitsuki said, suddenly solemn. ('Kittie' is a nickname the Bakugous call Izuku, referring to his slight stature, flexibility, fluffy hair, and big green eyes that glow slightly in the dark.) "You only call me Mitsuki-senpai when something's wrong. What is it?" Mitsuki continued. Izuku sweatdropped.

"It's really noth-" Izuku's musings were interrupted as he coughed up a good bit of blood.

"IZU!!" Katsuki gave a panicked shout, grabbing the worn out teen by the shoulders.

"Katsuki, stop! You'll hurt him more!" Mitsuki attempted to pull her son away from her other, adopted son. Izuku's weak protests mixed with his bloody coughing fit, freaking out his mom and brother even more. Finally, Recovery Girl came to his rescue by smacking Katsuki and Mitsuki over the head, silencing them.

"He'll be fine, as long as you don't make him flip out! Calm down," Recovery Girl advised them sternly. Mitsuki took a deep breath, exhaled, and tackle-hugged her son. Recovery Girl was about to intervene, but she saw Izuku hug her back, smiling, and decided against it. Katsuki joined in on the hug from behind Izuku, and Masaru wrapped his arms around Mitsuki and Katsuki. Izuku, his coughing fit subsiding, went slack in the arms of his adoptive family. Mitsuki and the rest released him, and wiped the blood off his face with the back of her hand. She started giving him a shoulder massage, and he closed his eyes contentedly. Katsuki sat down next to Izuku on the bed, and Masaru stood quietly to the side. Mitsuki turned to Recovery Girl.

"When can he come home?" Mitsuki asked her.

"Now, if it's okay with him," The aged woman replied. "But I'd have to give him some meds. He'll probably fall asleep quite quickly."

"That's fine! Izuku, do you-?"

"Yes!" Izuku's head snapped to attention. He wanted to prove he was fine. He didn't want his family to worry; he hated feeling like he was a burden on others.

"Alrighty," Recovery Girl said. "Here. Take these," She continued, handing him a few pills. Izuku took them and, lifting his hand to his mouth, tipped his head back and swallowed them. He felt the deep ache in his lungs and stabbing pain in his chest disperse almost immediately, and he stood up.