The Hero You Want to Become

"NOW, THE MATCH EVERYONE'S BEEN WAITING FOR; MIDORIYA IZUKU VERSUS TODOROKI SHOTOOOOOOO!!!" Izuku cringed at Present Mic's loudness, and he saw Shoto doing the same. "BAKUGOU KATSUKI DEFEATED URARAKA OCHACO IN THE PREVIOUS MATCH, SO THE WINNER WILL HAVE TO SQUARE OFF AGAINST A LIVING BOMB! WHO HAS THE POWER TO KEEP GOING? THE FRESHMAN REP, OR THE SON OF NUMBER TWO PRO HERO ENDEAVOR? LET'S FIND OUTTTTT!!" 

They both walked uneasily onto the platform, Izuku still pretty shooketh from his short streak of Todoroki encounters, and Shoto still trying to untangle his brain from what Izuku said about his fire. They stared at each other, the tension building up slowly. Midnight could feel the weight of the silence between them, and had to force herself to call the start of the match for fear of the intense battle that would surely ensue. She cracked her short whip against her thigh, and the crowd fell silent, waiting for someone to attack.

...

They both stood there, staring each other down, for a solid thirty seconds before Shoto ran out of patience and sent forth an enourmous burst of ice, nearly covering the platform. Izuku pulled back his glove flap and used his new special move, giving the glacial mass a 20% OFA uppercut. He shattered half of it, and the rest of it burst into flames. Shoto's ice was much colder than normal ice, but nothing gets past the death penalty, and the frozen crystals were reduced to puddles in a matter of seconds.

Shoto set off another huge glacier. Izuku reacted on impulse and gave it a round-house kick higher than a meth addict, accidentally using way too much of OFA. The whole thing shattered into a million pieces, and Shoto was nearly blown off the platform. Izuku's foot hit the ground a split second later, and he cried out in pain.

"FUCK!" He spat, trying desperately not to fall over. He sucked in a deep breath, gritting his teeth, and let out a low hiss as he corrected his footing. It's broken. It's absolutely broken. That must have been 60% at least. Hoooly fucking shit, it's broken. Oh christ, I'm gonna have to get used to that. 

Shoto leapt away from the boundary, rifling through possibilities in his head of what on Earth just happened. Izuku's mind flitted back to what Endeavor had said. 'Don't hold anything back.' Well, I can't go full force with Death Penalty, but I sure as hell can go all out with One for All. It's pointless to hide it at this point; time to show the world what quirk evolution looks like!

He pushed the pain in his leg to the back of his thoughts, and charged at Shoto. Yet another icy blast made its way towards him, and he charged up 100% of OFA in one of his fingers and flicked, blowing the ice crystals into smitherenes. Shoto started to bombard him with his miniature glaciers, and Izuku just switched between fingers, destroying both ice and bone.

After using up all his fingers and experiencing the worst pain he had ever felt after trying to reuse one, he stuck his thumb in his mouth pushed it out against the inside, effectively creating a shockwave but causing him a considerable amount of discomfort when he tried to talk.

"YOU'RE A COWARD!" He yelled, getting pretty worked up from the adrenaline. "YOU'RE A PETTY, SELFISH, NAIVE COWARD! YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT BAD WITH YOUR FUCKING DADDY ISSUES? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU'VE GOT IT! YOU'RE ONE OF THE LUCKIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH! I'M  ONE OF THE LUCKIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH! RIGHT NOW, WE HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET THE ATTENTION OF OUR LIFE-LONG IDOLS! STOP MAKING A BIG DEAL OVER WHAT SORT OF HERO YOUR DAD IS, AND FIGHT ME LIKE THE HERO YOU WANT TO BECOME!"

In that moment something clicked inside of Shoto's brain, and he sent forth a scorching wave of fire. A maniacal grin spread across his face, and Izuku smiled wider than what should be physically possible in return. Two thoughts were running through his mind right then; the first one being that's more like it  and the second one being I'm in trouble now. [You deecide which one is true]