Between Stone and a Hard Place

Last Time:

"Thank you. I think I will ... you can call me Pierce for now." he shifted suddenly and threw the branch that held the bones of his fish at a snake that was slithering in the grass. Naruto looked and saw that Pierce had skewered the serpent so it died instantly. The fast reflexes, great aim and the perfect form to throw a kunai ... he knew, this guy was a ninja ...

XXXXXXXXXX

The next morning Naruto woke Pierce and they were about to leave when the disguised inventor decided to take a risk, "Hey Pierce, how would you like to try a different kind of transportation?"

"Sure, what is-AHHH!" The gray haired inventor grabbed the homeless man and jumped into the trees. When they landed Pierce blinked. "This ... is ... familiar ... I've done this before!" He exclaimed as he took a few experimental jumps.

"So my guess was right. No wonder you had such difficulty remembering your past. You were living as a civilian when you were in reality you are a ninja."

Pierce's eyes widened slightly, "A ninja ... I see ... thank you, Tinker. It's not much, but it's more than what I have been able to accomplish in the last seven years."

Tinker smiled, "Actually, now that I know you can keep up I can make a change ... keep in mind I'm a ninja too." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a blindfold. He secured the blindfold behind his glasses before removing the spectacles.

Naruto's traveling companion stood in shock as the gray haired civilian changed into a dark skinned raven, "Multiple identities?" asked a stupefied Pierce.

"Yes, it isn't safe for me to use my own name so I use disguises. You should call me Ty now ... what?"

"How do you see?" asked Pierce as he stared at the blindfolded teen.

"I don't, I use this tactic to train my other senses so I can fight with relying on my eyes ... let's go."

XXXXXXXXXX

"Hiro has gotten so strong! I think it's time he started looking for someone to carry his kids." Kushina squealed.

Mikoto was doing everything in her power not to kill the redheaded bitch in front of her, "It's way too early for that. I mean, Hiro hasn't even graduated yet."

"You're right." Kushina pouted. "We could let him graduate early- no no no, he needs to be prepared."

(In that case hold him back 6 or 7 years.) thought Mikoto dryly, "That's probably for the best, what's the rush anyways?"

"I would feel better if he had a few wives or husbands to give him love so he doesn't feel burdened."

(Yes I suppose he's burdened enough with not having to lift a finger except to eat. You assholes practically wipe his ass.) Mikoto smiled despite her thoughts. "Oh, and what burden is that?"

XXXXXXXXXX

Fugaku jumped as the front door slammed shut, "Mikoto, honey? Is that you?" He got up when he didn't receive an answer. There was his wife standing in front of the door with her head hung so her hair covered her eyes. "Mikoto?" The clan head slowly approached his wife.

"I-it isn't f-fair." Her knees gave out and she fell to the floor.

"What isn't fair?" asked Fugaku as he kneeled down and held her.

"He didn't deserve it ... they're monsters." She cried.

"Please tell me what you're talking about." pleaded the confused husband.

"He will be favored by Shinigami, Kami, and Yami. He will be the titan of titans. He will have the wisdom and knowledge gained from many lives past and have aged beyond his time. He will bear the face of a monster, but will be the exact opposite in nature. He will end wars without shedding a drop of blood, have an army at his fingertips, make dragons bow to him and make the impossible possible. He will bear the scars of unforgivable betrayal. He is the one who will bring peace and balance to the ninja world." Mikoto looked up at Fugaku. "That was a prophecy that the toads gave Jiraiya ... she didn't say it outright, but when I asked her about the betrayal part Kushina just smirked and said 'the betrayer has been dealt with'. They killed Naruto over a stupid prophecy!" She buried her face in Fugaku's chest and sobbed.