Chapter 5

(Y/n) stood and looked at herself in the mirror. Tonight, Billie was going to make her dinner. She looked at her outfit in the mirror; she was wearing ripped jeans, a band shirt and her converse. Her hair was placed in a ponytail, with strands sitting of hair sitting by her face at either side. She smiled but she was suddenly nervous. She was going on a date with Billie. It was crazy for her to think that just a week before, he had only been a waiter in the diner that she was at before he became someone so much more than that. (Y/n) wasn't exactly sure where this would go but she knew that she had met someone special and someone that she would be friends with for the rest of her life. 

She heard a car pull up outside. She looked out of her bedroom window to see Billie in his car. Excitement surged through her as she ran out of her room and down the stairs. "Where are you going?" She turned to see her mother stood in the doorway with her arms folded. "I'm going out with a friend." She told her mother.

"Is it that boy that you were with yesterday?" Her mother smiled slightly. 

"It might be." (Y/n) replied. "Are you going to work?"

"Yes." Her mother said. (Y/n) was trying not to anger her mother as this was the first time that they had spoken properly. "I need to speak with you at some point but I'll let you go and have fun." She said as (Y/n) opened the door and ran down the steps, a smile painted across her face. 

"You look amazing," Billie told her as she sat in the car. 

"You don't look too bad yourself." (Y/n) smiled as Billie started the car and drove away from the house. (Y/n) wondered what it was that her mother wanted to say but she didn't want to get into that right now; she wanted to focus on this moment and Billie. 

When they arrived outside of Billie's got out of the car and held the door open for (Y/n) as she did the same. He was startled when he heard the front door to his house close. He looked around. "What are you still doing here?" He asked, as he closed the car door and stood beside (Y/n). "I thought you'd gone already." The woman made her way towards him. 

"I did but I forget something so I had to come back." She laughed. She looked at (Y/n), then Billie, then back to (Y/n). "This must be (Y/n)." She stated. "Ooh. I've heard a lot about you."

"Mother." Billie said, embarrassed. "(Y/n), meet my mother." She shook (Y/n) hand before saying. "I'd better get going. You kids have fun." With that, she ran back down the street and got into a car which immediately drove away. "Sorry about that," Billie said, his cheeks were bright red. 

"Don't worry about it." (Y/n) laughed as they walked towards his front door. "Well, this is me," Billie said as he let (Y/n) into his home and closed the door behind her. "Can I get you something to drink?" He asked. 

"Please." (Y/n) smiled as she sat on the sofa and Billie brought her a drink. "Thank you." She said, taking hold of the drink. "Is your mother going anywhere nice?" (Y/n) asked, taking a sip of her drink. 

"She's just going out of town to visit some family," Billie told her as he sat down next to her. 

"Why are you not going with her?"

"I've got to work." He admitted. "I'm trying to save up some money, and one day, maybe even get out of this hellhole." He stopped for a moment and looked at her as she nodded in agreement. "Do you think you'll ever leave?" (Y/n) thought about it for a moment, despite already being sure of her answer to his question. "Hopefully." She laughed. "I admit, I used to dream about leaving this place behind and starting a life in a place where no-one knows who I am." 

"That sounds like heaven." Billie laughed before standing up. "Would you like to come through?" He asked, holding out his hand. "Dinner is nearly ready." (Y/n) smiled as she took his hand and followed him into the dining room. It was lit with candles and there were even roses. (Y/n) felt herself blushing as she said; "This is amazing." Billie pulled out a chair for her before serving dinner. (Y/n) felt herself to be surprised at how good of cook Billie actually was. "Have you ever thought about being a chef?" (Y/n) asked as she remarked on how good the food was. 

"Not really, though I might consider it now." Billie laughed. "But, music has always been my passion." He admitted as he took a drink. 

"How is it going? Have you got any gigs coming up?" (Y/n) asked as Billie nodded as a way of replying. "It's going well. We have a gig next week actually." He said, before looking at (Y/n). "You should come." 

"R-Really?" She felt herself stuttering but she wasn't sure as to why; she smiled hopefully.

"Yeah! It'd be great." Billie said as he and (Y/n) went back into the living room and sat on the sofa together. (Y/n) head rested on Billie's chest and he kissed her forehead. 

"I'd love that." (Y/n) told him as his eyes lit up. "What's your band called?" (Y/n) asked, shocked that she didn't know the answer already. "Green Day." He said. 

"Green Day?" (Y/n) repeated. "What an interesting name." She added. Billie laughed and explained to her that his head teacher at high school had come up with it when he and his friends announced that they were dropping out. "Are your band members as nice as you?" (Y/n) asked. 

"Well, you've met one already."

"I have?" (Y/n) asked. "It's not your mother is it?" Billie laughed.

"No. Mike from the diner, he plays bass and then we have Tré, on drums. He's a dickhead but he's good fun." 

The two of them spent the rest of the night talking before Billie said: "(Y/n). I was wondering, will you, officially, be my girlfriend." (Y/n) looked up and smiled. 

"Yes." She said, kissing him before they went back to her head resting on his chest as they eventually they fell soundly asleep in each other's arms. 

_______________

*A/n*

I hope that you are all enjoying this story so far! 

****

Updated 2020