Chapter 7

"(Y/n), I think I'm falling in love with you." He admitted to (Y/n) as she stood in front of him. 

She remained silent, and just stared at him. "Billie." She began, her heart racing inside her body. She wasn't sure how to respond but part of her wanted to grab hold of him, kiss him and never let go. She wanted to say it back but the self-conscious and unsure part of herself believed that he was joking, messing her about, and didn't actually mean anything that he had just said. Eventually, she found herself saying. "If you're only saying this because you feel like you need to, because of everything that's happened-" He cut her off. 

"I'm saying it because it's true." Billie told her. "I'm falling hard." He added. (Y/n) smiled at him. "I don't expect you to say it back, I just want you to know how I feel." She held his hand, not saying anything. "Come on, I'll take you home." He said, as the two of them bayed their goodbyes to everyone, including Mike and Tré, who told (Y/n) that it was lovely to meet her properly and they couldn't wait to see her again. 

The whole drive home was silent but both Billie and (Y/n) were smiling. 

"I'll walk you to the door." Billie said. "It's what they do in romantic comedies and it only seems fitting that we do the same." (Y/n) laughed as her and Billie walked up the steps. She placed the key in the door and unlocked it. The door swung open as she turned to Billie. "I really don't expect you to say it back, so please don't feel any pressure." 

"I know." (Y/n) smiled as she kissed Billie. The kiss lasted a while and when Billie pulled away, he looked behind her into her house, concern was etched across his face. "What is it?" (Y/n) asked as she turned around and looking into her house. The place was ransacked, and it was like someone had broken into the house. 

"What the hell?" (Y/n) asked, running into the house. Every room had been trashed. The kitchen was covered in smash bottles, shards of glass lay in the pools of liquid that covered the entire floor. "Mum?" She shouted, running upstairs. When she got there, she noticed that her room remained untouched with the door open as she ran past it. She heard Billie's footsteps on the stairs behind her. She charged into her mother's room. That was the same as the rest of the house. The clothes had been ripped from the wardrobe, some remaining on the floor. All of her things were gone. "Is she here?" She heard Billie ask. Without answering she left the room and went onto the landing. Billie was stood in her room. "No, she's gone." (Y/n) said as she walked into her room. She noticed a note on her bed, she picked it up and sat herself down, with Billie stood in front of her. 

She opened the note carefully as her breath became shaky, but she promised herself that she would not cry. It was from her mother. The writing was messy from where her hands shook, either due to the excessive amounts of alcohol or out of anger. This time, (Y/n) was not sure which one it was. In the note, her mother explained that she had realised that her addiction to alcohol had gotten out of hand and that she had realised that, the night that she had hit (Y/n). She had been distraught when she left, that she had vowed to give it up. However, it was not that easy to give up something that she had relied on for so many years. She also explained that she had wanted to tell (Y/n) about her plans the night that she went to Billie's for dinner, for her date but ended up drunk once again. This is why her mother had left. She had gone to live somewhere else, away from (Y/n) to a place where she was able to get proper help. She told (Y/n) that she had left her the house as she was old enough and money so that she was able to provide for herself and pay rent. At the end of the note, she wrote. "All I wanted was to give you a proper shot at life, and instead I made it worse. I made your life hell on earth. I promise that it won't happen anymore; I am going to change. I want to be able to see you grow up and do all of the things that you dream but I can't do that if I'm drunk out of my mind. Do not forget, how much I love you, even if I never showed it."

"Is everything okay?" Billie asked as he sat beside (Y/n) on her bed. Saying nothing, (Y/n) handed the note to Billie. He read it and when he had finished, he placed it beside him on the bed and looked at (Y/n). She was smiling. "She loves me." (Y/n) muttered as tears streamed down her face. "She's finally going to change." She held Billie's hand. 

"Yeah, she is." He smiled as he held on to her. She looked at him and he wiped away the tears that were streaming down her face. "It's all going to be okay, isn't it?" 

"Of course it is." Billie replied. "Of course." He repeated as she hugged him; she found herself crying into his shoulder and he comforted her by running his hand up and down her back. For her, him holding her in his arms was enough. He kissed her. "Everything is going to be just fine." He reassured her, once more. They remained together in her room as Billie marvelled at the sight around him as it was covered in band posters and a turntable sat in the corner. 

"I should probably go and clean the mess up downstairs." (Y/N) said after a while. 

"I'll help you." Said Billie and they went downstairs together. 

****

Updated 2020