Chapter 19

"That was amazing," Billie told (Y/n) as he helped her to clear up the plates. During this time, his heart was racing; he knew what was going to happen within the next few minutes, whereas (Y/n) had no idea. He had to do this tonight. He just had too. 

"I'll be back in a minute." He said, as he ran upstairs, and into their bedroom. He headed over to his bedside table and opened the drawers, before rooting to the very back of it, to pull out of the box. He opened it and looked at the engagement ring that sat in it. His mother, Ollie, had given it to him a few months earlier, but he had just never found the right time to do it; until now. He wanted to leave tomorrow, and be certain of his future with (Y/n), and be certain that she won't give up hope on him; be certain that went he comes home, (Y/n) will still be his. He closed the drawer, tightly held the box in his hand. As Billie came down the stairs, he saw all of his bags ready by the front door. He took a deep breath; it was now or never. He was going to ask (Y/n) to marry him.  

"I got you something," Billie said as he approached (Y/n). He kissed her as his arms were wrapped around her.

"How come?" (Y/n) asked. 

"I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I love you, how much you mean to me, and how thankful I am to have you in my life. You have not only changed my life for the better, but you've saved it; I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for you (Y/n). You are the best thing, and I love you so much." Billie started to tear up as he spoke. 

"Billie..." (Y/n) placed her hand over her heart as he spoke. 

"I'm going tomorrow, and when I come back, I'm going to be a better man, for you. (Y/n), you deserve only the best, and I haven't been that for you recently, and I am so, so sorry about that. I'm going to change, I promise you; I'll change." He stopped and took your hand. "I can't leave without telling you just how much you meant to me, and how much I love you." He pulled a box out of his pocket, and got down on one knee, making (Y/n) take a step back with surprise. She burst into tears. She couldn't believe that this was actually happening. 

"(Y/n) (L/n), I never thought that I was capable of loving someone the way that I love you. Before you came into that diner, I knew that I was missing something in my life, and then I met you; you were the thing that I was missing, and I never want to lose you. So, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" 

Without stopping to think or question anything, (Y/n) exclaimed: "Yes! Oh my god, yes! Of course, I'll marry you, Billie." He laughed as he placed the ring on her finger. (Y/n) threw her arms around his neck and kissed him. "I love you so much, Billie." 

"I love you too baby." His hand were placed on (Y/n)'s waist. "More than you'll ever know." His forehead was gently placed against (Y/n)'s, as her arms were placed around his neck. Billie knew that he was only going to get through the next couple of weeks with the constant thought of (Y/n). 

****

Updated 2020