Chapter 18

It had been nearly a week since Billie had opened up to (Y/n) about his issues with addiction, and alcohol. She had kept to her promise, and had found a treatment centre for him to go to, in order for him to truly address the issues that he was struggling with, and gain professional help. (Y/n) was going to support him every step of the way, and be there waiting for him at the end of it all. 

"I'm so sorry," Billie said to (Y/n) as she sat next to him on the sofa. His eyes were puffy and red. He was so ashamed of himself, and as a result, hadn't stopped crying. "I'm so sorry." He repeated as (Y/n) put her hand on his lap, and looked at him. "You don't need to keep apologising to me, Billie." She tried to reassure him. "I understand, I do." It was moments like this that made Billie wonder what he had done to deserve (Y/n), and wonder how she could bear the sight of him. After all, he had lied to her, and completely let her down; he didn't deserve her, and was expecting her to up and leave at any moment. He knew though, that if she did that, then his heart wouldn't be able to take it; if she left him, he was certain that he would die of a completely broken heart. 

"How can you do that?" Billie asked her, as he ran his finger through her hair.

"How can I do what?" (Y/n) replied, her head tilting slightly to the side. 

"How can you be so perfect? How can you stand to look at me? After everything I've done-"

"Billie..." (Y/n) began. "You're saying that as though you're a bad person."

"Maybe I am." Billie interrupted.

"You're not. Just because you've been struggling, doesn't make you a bad person; if anything, it shows that you're human. It certainly doesn't make me love you any less." Billie watched at her eyes as they sparkled as they looked directly into his. "I'm so proud of you for being honest with me about it."

"But I wasn't in the beginning..."

"But you were eventually." She cut him off. "It takes guts to admit something that like, especially to me. You didn't let it take over your whole life, and you should give yourself some credit for that. You are strong, and you're going to be okay." (Y/n) stopped and bit down on her lip for a few seconds before she added: "I love you, Billie." Billie became overwhelmed with emotion but tried to suppress his tears as he kissed her. "I love you too." 

Billie and (Y/n) remained together on the sofa for a while after that, before (Y/N) stood up to declare that she was going to make Billie his favourite for dinner. He offered to help her but she told him to relax, and that she was okay doing it by herself; she felt like she needed to do this for him. As (Y/n) got everything she needed ready on the kitchen counter, she realised what was going to happen; it had become real, and she knew that she was going to have to say goodbye to Billie tomorrow and even though she knew that it wasn't her saying goodbye t him permanently, it was still going to be hard.  She looked up to see Billie watching her, a huge smile on his face. (Y/n) smiled back as he told her that he loved her. 

"And I love you." She replied, fighting back tears. As Billie watched her at this moment, he realised that he needed her to know how he felt' how he truly felt. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her; he loved her more than anything, and anyone in the world. He left for treatment tomorrow; he couldn't put it off any longer. He was going to propose to her. 

****

Updated 2020