Chapter 12

"Why are you so nervous?" Billie asked as he started up the car, and drove away from (Y/n)'s house. "Because it's your mother, and I've never really met her." (Y/n) told him, as she anxiously played with her hands. "You met her when we had our first date."

"Not properly though." (Y/n) reminded him. "I met her in passing, that's it." 

"Either way, she loves you," Billie told her, his smile was wide. "Like, really loves you." He added when he saw that she didn't really believe him.  "Honestly!" He continued, trying to persuade her.  "Is that because you talk about me?" (Y/n) asked jokingly. 

"Yes," Billie admitted as they pulled up at a set of traffic lights. (Y/n) continued to look at him, with disbelief spread across her face. "I talk about you all the bloody time to her." He held her hand. "I mean, who could blame me? You, (Y/n), are the centre of my universe." He leaned in to kiss her, smiling, but they were interrupted by the car behind them who was viciously beeping his horn because the lights had turned to green again. "Arsehole," Billie muttered as he looked into his mirror at the man behind them before continuing to drive down the street.  

When they arrived at Billie's childhood home, Billie stopped the car and looked at (Y/n). He took her hand in his again and kissed it. "You are going to be great." He reassured her. "You have nothing to worry about; she loves you, remember?" He squeezed her hand, as she took a deep breath before they both got out of the car, and walked towards the front door; Billie and (Y/n) walked hand in hand. Billie knocked on the door, and from behind it the excited voice of Billie's mother could be heard. "Coming!" She exclaimed. When she opened the front door, she pulled them both into a hug. "It's so good to meet you properly, (Y/n)!" His mother said, looking at her in awe. "I'm Ollie! You're so pretty."

"Mother," Billie said, trying to pull her back. "Don't smother her, for god's sake."

"I'm sorry! I'm just glad to see you happy." Ollie turned to look at (Y/n). "He talks about you all the time; I've never seen him so happy." 

"Okay!" Billie said, standing in front of his mother, and looking at (Y/n). "Do you want a drink?" 

"Sure." She replied as she followed Ollie into the living room after Billie had given her another warning. (Y/n) seated herself on the sofa, as Billie brought in a drink for her, and his mother, and sat beside (Y/n) on the sofa. 

They spent the entire day talking about Billie, with Ollie showing (Y/n) pictures of Billie when he was younger, and Billie being embarrassed the entire time. (Y/n) wasn't sure what she had needed to be worried, or anxious about. Ollie was just like Billie in so many ways; she was lovely, gentle, and kind-hearted. Billie was clearly a mother's son. 

"It's so good to see Billie happy," Ollie said, for what felt like the hundredth time that day. 

"Mom..." Billie reminded her.

"I know." She glanced at him before looking back at (Y/n). "It's just nice to see that Billie is somewhere where he isn't stressed, or hiding in that bedroom of his. It's nice that he's always at yours." She stopped and smiled. "And I don't have to hear him on that bloody guitar at all hours of the night." She laughed, as Billie wrapped his arms around (Y/n), and she looked at him, eyes wide, and madly in love. 

_______________________

That evening when Billie and (Y/n) had arrived back at (Y/n)'s house after spending the whole day with Ollie, (Y/n) found herself thinking about what Ollie had said about Billie being happy, and not being at home anymore.

It was true, Billie had been staying at (Y/n)'s constantly. Of course, she didn't mind. She loved Billie, and she loved spending time with him. Not to mention, it was better than living alone now that her mother was gone. (Y/n) found herself wondering if she and Billie should make it official.

"Do you want to move in?" (Y/) found herself blurting at Billie when she looked at him. He smiled at her, as her face realised what her mouth had just said; she looked just as shocked as Billie. "What was that?" He asked, checking that he had heard her correctly. (Y/n) looked at him, and thought about what she had asked him just a few moments before. "Do you want to move in?" She asked again when she was certain. Her voice was hopeful, but she just hoped that it wasn't too much. "With me." She added, in case Billie was confused. "Here." She looked at him, and he was still smiling at her, but saying nothing. "It's a stupid idea." (Y/n) said. "I just thought that you know, you're here all the time anyway, so--" She stopped. "I'll just shut up." (Y/n) tried to turn away, embarrassed but Billie pulled her into his arms and kissed her. "I'd love to." He admitted. "Really?" (Y/n)'s eyes lit up. 

"Yeah, why not?" He smiled. "I mean, I am here all the time anyway." He looked around and smiled; he could happily make this his home, hell, he already had. "What about your mom?" He asked, worried as to what she might think if she were to come home to find him living there. "She doesn't live here anymore. I want you to live here." She placed her head on Billie's chest. "I love you, Billie." She told him, as he kissed the top of her head. 

"I love you too. It'd be an honour to live here with you."

****

Updated 2020