Chapter 5: Metamorphsis

Angel's POV:

After Blaze and them left, me and Kacey stayed up til 1:30 in the morning with Anya. She said she didn't want to go back home. I felt bad for her. She didn't understand why Mama is the way she is now. Mama started acting like this because Daddy wanted to become an assassin. And he joined the Mafia. Mama didn't approve because she was afraid we'd become criminals as a result of his actions. He left her when he came home to find her cheating on him. She said she did it because he became an assassin. So he left. Mama became depressed. Dad did too. But later on, he met another mate, which is incredibly rare in life. He loved her like crazy. Mama heard about his marriage to her so she started being a prostitute and a drug addict. It was hard on all of us. Trey moves out when he saw Mama getting it on with some dude.

Keisha left when she caught Mama stealing money from her closet. And syphoning money from our bank accounts. Dad stepped in and had to cover our accounts. He locked her out of them. I left for college and plan on living with Dad after I graduate. Then it was Anya. Mama's last punching bag. She's been telling lies on us to Anya, saying we're the reason our family of broken up. Anya is too young to understand everything. We try to explain things better so she'll understand what we mean. Anya said that Mama said that they were gonna move somewhere else. When Daddy heard of this, he's been trying gain custody of her. There's no way we're gonna let Anya move away with a woman who bad mouths her own family. This custody battle has been going on for a month now and the people still haven't made a decision.

I looked down at Anya. She was sound asleep. I looked over at Kacey. She was too. I looked at my phone. It was almost 2:00. I slowly got up and walked to my closet. I put on some pants and shoes and headed to the door. I opened it slowly and stepped out. I looked around but saw nobody. I walked some the steps and off campus. My mind raced about that shining light I saw earlier. I tried to remember where I saw it. I looked around til I saw it again. I stared at it. It was almost as if it was taunting me. It danced about. I ran towards it. But the closer I got, the more far away it seemed. I followed it to a cave. I looked around. This cave doesn't feel right. I should go back. When I turned to leave, I heard a voice. I looked back. I didn't see anything. "Hello?" Called a voice. I looked around. Still saw nothing. "Someone come help me." The voice said.

I took a step closer. "Hello?" I called out. "Hello? Please help me." The voice called. "Who are you?" I called. "Help me. It's dark and wet." The voice said. "I'll go get help." I said. "No. Please come help me." The voice said. The voice began to cry. I took a step inside. I pulled out my phone and turned on my torch. I looked around for a sign of someone. "Help me!! Please." The voice cried. "Hold on. I'm coming." I called out. I ventured further and further into the cave. Just then, a bright light started shined in my eyes. I covered them. I opened my eyes to see floating, glowing Orb in front of me. I stared at it. It was so mesmerizing. I reached out for it but it moved.