Scn Maedhros finding out his crush is promised to marry one of his brothers.

29.10.18

Maedhros watched y/n laughing with Maglor with a tight feeling in his chest. He was happy that she would be with someone who would take care of her, but sad knowing that he would never have the right to call her his. The three of them have known each other since they were elflings, but as time went on, Maedhros began to see her less like a friend and more like someone he wished to spend his life with. There was a time when he thought he stood a chance with her, all of them spent so much time with each other and she never showed interest in being around anyone else except him and Maglor. But that was until he realised that his brother liked her too. It was clear from the way he would look at her and the hints he began to give.

"Maitimo! I'm glad to see you!" she happily greeted, unaware of his inner turmoil.

Maedhros smiles and bends down to kiss her on the cheek. "I wouldn't miss your and my brother's special day for anything. You look beautiful."

Her smile brightened at the compliment.

"Thank you."

"Now, that you've greeted me, there's a whole hall of people waiting to offer congratulations. If you don't start making rounds now you'll never get through all these people." Maedhros said shooing y/n in the direction of the other guests.

"I suppose you are right. I hope you enjoy the rest of the festivities," she said as she went off in search of someone.

Maedhros turned to his left as he heard Maglor approach.

"Enjoying your celebrations brother?" Maedhros asked.

Maglor gave a small smile, "I am." And the hesitantly he added, "And yourself?"

"Well enough."

"Maedhros, I know you love y/n. I suppose I always knew. I waited for a while, waiting to see if you would make a move on your feelings; but you never did. Because of that, I took the opportunity. But even now, sometimes I wonder if that was the right decision if I should have waited longer, if-"

Maedhros cut his brother off "Maglor, y/n loves you. I could see it all those years ago too. She sees me as a good friend and nothing more. I didn't make any attempts as I knew where her feelings lay." Seeing as his words weren't reaching his brother, Maedhros places s hand on his shoulder.

"Maglor, trust me. Besides that, is today not your day to celebrate? Why don't you go and find y/n, she went off to speak to some of the guests."

With a last good glance at Maedhros Maglor nodded and turned to walk away, "Maedhros, thank you."

With that he disappeared into the crowd of guests, leaving Maedhros with his thoughts.