Ulmo Headcanons

*Cool sea uncle-pretty much there for you when no one else is.

*Doesn't care too much about rules and just does his own thing, that includes helping the races of Middle Earth when they get themselves into a pinch.

*"Yeah, yeah, whatever just don't mention any of this to Manwë or we'll both be in trouble."

*Doesn't really give a damn about the drama that goes on with the other Valar either. He's pretty relaxed most of the time and prefers to travel through the water of Arda to see how everyone's getting on while minding his own business.
Kind of childish, sees children playing in the sea he wants to join them.

*"What's a water fight? I want to play too!"

*May have terrified a few people because of that by accident.

*also uses the sea to wash up things like shells and interesting sea flowers for them to use for their sandcastles.

*Got used to dissolving arguments between Ossë and Uinen.

*They're kind of like his rebellious kids who find every little reason to argue but won't abandon each other either.

*Despite the headache which they occasionally give him, he loves his Maiar and would fight anyone who tries to hurt or take them away.

*Enjoys listening to the stories and songs that the Telerin elves share about him and the sea so occasionally he hides within the water and listens.

*He wouldn't mind pairing up with someone and having a mate, but none of his brethren are available (not that he particularly liked any of them that way) and he hasn't felt any connection to anyone he's come across.

*However relaxed he is, he is terrible in his rage just like Orome. You do not want to face his wrath head on for it may be the last thing you do.

A/N: I decided I'll be writing my own headcanons for each of the Valar! Also, I got a lot of these ideas from the artwork I found of Ulmo!