Maedhros finding out he's going to be a father

*It only took a moment after his wife told him that he had her enveloped in his arms, his head resting in the crook of her shoulder.

*Amongst all the terrible things happening recently, this news fills him with hope again.

*His wife smiles when she sees him trying to suppress crying and barely succeeding.

*He's beyond happy to have his family and to have someone to raise again.

*He enjoyed raising his little brothers and misses them, although he isn't telling this to anyone anytime soon.

*Tells his wife how much he loves her and takes a rare day off to enjoy and bask in the warmth of the news.

*When his son is born, he's close to crying all over again.

*He is stern from the beginning, but only because he wants his son to grow up to be a good person.

*His oath taught him what prejudice and hatred can reap and because of that, he teaches his son not to judge someone by their race or status, but treat them with the same respect.

*Tries to put days aside every month that he can spend with his family as he doesn't want to miss any moments of his son growing up.

*When his son gets older and starts his military training, Maedhros takes him aside for a talk.

*He tells him that should anything ever happen to him, he is his mother's next protector- a role he trains for very determinedly and proudly as he loves his mother very much.

*Maedhros is just happy to be given this chance at happiness, despite his misdeeds of the oath.