The Rehearsal Dinner

Chapter 21: The Rehearsal Dinner
(A.K.A. This is somewhat similar to a chapter from a SonAze fanfiction)
2 Weeks Later
The next 2 weeks would seem to fly by. The bachelor and bachelorette parties went well. The wedding's location was set: a church just on the outskirts of Green Hill Zone. Amy's parents arrived back in town. Sonic's parents, like everyone else, were ULTRA excited. Sonic even invited Eggman, on the bounds that he not try to kill everyone, to which he reluctantly agreed. Then, before anyone knew it, it was the night of the Rehearsal Dinner. It was located at the Elegant Emerald, the location of Sonic and Amy's first date. (Consult Chapter 6 of Cobalt Rose to see it).
It was another beautiful, prismatic night in downtown Emerald City, mildly warm with a spring breeze. Everyone was dressed up for the occasion, obviously, as Sonic and Amy waited for their guests to arrive. Sonic was wearing a red coat with a green formal shirt up under it.

Knuckles walked up wearing a formal green coat.
"So, Sonic, you excited?" He asked.
"Absolutely! This is the most excited I've ever been, but it's also the most nervous I've ever been." Sonic answered.
"You'll be fine, Sonic." Knuckles assured him. "I'll see you inside." He said as he walked in.
Sonic wasn't expecting a lot of people as they only invited their friends and family, as well as Eggman, who, speaking of the latter, showed up just as I was talking about him.
"Evening, Sonic. Nice night, huh?" Eggman said.
"Yea." Sonic answered in a half-assed reply.
"Before I head inside, I just want to say congratulations, and that even though my hatred for you runs deeper that the planet's core, I do hold high respect for you." Eggman said.
Sonic lightened up a tad bit.
"Thanks, Eggman." Sonic answered as Eggman walked inside.
Shadow arrived in a brown coat with fur at the collar and the coat zipped up.
"Shadow, glad you could make it." Sonic said.
"I'm mostly here for Amy, but in a way, I'm proud of you, Faker." Shadow replied as he walked inside.
Tails and Silver arrived together, talking. Silver was wearing a gold jacket with a red bow tie, while Tails was wearing a orange button shirt with a blue tie.
"Hey, guys!" Sonic greeted.
"Hey, Sonic." Tails waved.
"Glad you could make it."
"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Tails added.
"Yea, same." Silver added as well.
"Thanks, you two, that means a lot. You guys head inside, I'll be in in a sec." Sonic told them.
Then, the final 5 guests arrived: The Chaotix, as well as two familiar friends to Sonic.
"Wait, Mighty? Ray?" Sonic rubbed his eyelids to make sure he wasn't seeing things.
"Hey, Sonic, long time, no see." Mighty greeted.
"You ain't kidding!" Sonic shook Mighty's hand and slapped Ray a high-5.
"Sonic, congratulations on you being engaged to Amy." Espio said.
"Thanks, Es. I'm glad you guys are here."
"We tried to look our best." Vector stated. He was wearing a leather jacket, Charmy was wearing black slacks, Espio was wearing a white formal shirt with a black tie, Mighty was wearing a collared red shirt, and Ray was wearing a navy blue and white vest.
"Hey, you made it, and that's what counts. Now come on, let's head inside."
VIP Room
The room was buzzing with chatter as Sonic walked in.
"Ah, Sonic, there you are." Amy said, running over and kissing Sonic's cheek.
Amy was wearing a cobalt strapless dress, lavender gloves, and red heels.
"Is everyone here?" She asked.
"I believe so, Ames." Sonic answered.
"Well then, do you have a speech ready? I heard the groom has to give one." Amy asked.
"Yep. It's not long, but it's good enough." Sonic assured her.
"It doesn't have to be long." Amy said as she pecked his lips. "Let's get this started."
"Agreed."
Sonic and Amy went to their seats, where the former tapped his glass.
"Attention, everyone, we would like to get started, so could everyone take a seat?" Sonic announced.
Everyone took a seat as Sonic instructed and the room grew silent.
"Thank you. Now, I'll try to be quick because I'm sure almost everyone at this table is starving. I know I am." Sonic joked, earning a few chuckles from the table, including a slight giggle from Amy.
"We're very excited every one of you guys and gals made it here tonight. I guess you could say everyone at this table is family, even our family."
Sonic earned a few more laughs.
"But jokes aside, I am very excited for tomorrow. It's something that I never thought I would ever be doing, and that's getting married, but hey, love changes everything, now doesn't it?"
Sonic got a few nods.
"I wouldn't trade this for anything. A beautiful girl in my soon-to-be wife, Amy, my incredible daughter, Sarah, my little brother and best friend, Tails, my loving parents, as well as the rest of you all. Really, I'm glad you are all here to support us and to be here for us."

Sonic sat down and was met by applause and a peck on the cheek by Amy.
"That was beautiful, Sonikku." Amy told him.
"Thanks, Ames." Sonic replied, then said, "Let's eat!"
Every one got the food being served and are eating, talking, joking, and all around, having a good time.
Sonic and Amy ordered Adabat Shrimp with a Chaos Cola and Spagonian Pasta with a water, exactly what they ordered on their first date. (Once again, consult Chapter 6 of Cobalt Rose).

Only 1 chapter to go in "Violet Rose" so make sure do tune in Saturday to catch the wedding! If you are wondering if there will be a third story, the answer will be revealed after the last chapter. Also, make sure to catch the next chapter of "Heroes by Night" tomorrow.
One last cool thing, Ray's outfit in this chapter is what I wore to my brother's wedding about 11 years ago. Thought that was cool. See you all in the finale!